Alignment Rockwell 8" 37-351 Jointer.

Anyone here able to advise me to finalize the restoration of a Rockwell 22" wedged planer 22-201 and Rockwell 8" jointer 37-351. Both machine (brought separately) look physically in excellent shape (not tested) when I acquired it. Both machines were stripped and reassembled but not repainted. I have replaced both Rockwell 22-201 (5hp/1hp) motors from three to single phase. Both cutter head and feed motors tested independent and ran OK, but not hook up to the switch to run concurrently - that will be few weeks away.
In the meantime needs help on Rockwell jointer 37-351 realignment in-feed and out-feed tables. Rockwell's manual simply state "... Proceed to realignment four glib screws...." without step by step how to realign both tables. The alignments were quite bad. I have tried using a dial and feeler gauges with shims’ stock and still miles apart. Thanks.
once owwm org gets back up, you should post this question there.
On 9/26/2013 3:42 AM, WD wrote:

On 9/26/2013 2:42 AM, WD wrote: ...

That was glib writing there, wasn't it... :)
Which way are the tables out wrt each other and by how much? Ideally you have a long straight-edge; makes the work easier w/o a full-length flat surface.
Anyway, the gib screws will raise/lower the ends by compressing the wedge into the angle wall on the appropriate end. What can happen is that the castings and/or the gibs themselves wear. If you loosen the gibs entirely on the low end (I'll presume the tails droop?) can you raise the beds sufficiently to reach nirvana in alignment? If not, the casting itself will have warped and you're in trouble. I bought a salvage one many years ago and ended up having to have the beds re-milled to correct it, unfortunately.

Made few blunders and one of them forgotten to mark each gib when I disassembled it. The longitude and twist run out between the beds over 0.019". Both beds droop and did not follow the instruction when I started, should have lift the outboard bed and start tightens the lowest gib. I'll start all over again as you suggested, hopefully the beds are not warps. I'll be more than satisfy if I can get the misalignment within 0.003". I'll be back later and let you know. Thanks
On Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:42:14 AM UTC-5, WD wrote:

Is that model numbr correct? Or is it a model 37-315?
http://vintagemachinery.org/mfgIndex/detail.aspx?idi8&tab=4&sort=1&th lse&fl Sonny

Sorry. Should be 37-315. :-)
Sonny wrote:

I like the 5-legged deer in the photo.