Air bubbles,

Hello again,
Have a new issue for you guys. I re-sanded my floors and followed allot of advice I received here and let me say it turned out beautiful, chatter lines are gone. My new issue that I used the lambs wool applicator to apply the finish because supposedly it reduced the air bubbles. Well I applied the first coat which came out as expected, then I got a bran new applicator an applied the second coat. This time however the finish dried with tons of air bubbles, there are parts of the floor where it looks very grainy. What is your advice on getting these air bubbles out and applying the finish without the same results?
Thank you so much in advance.
: Hello again, : : Have a new issue for you guys. I re-sanded my floors and followed allot of : advice I received here and let me say it turned out beautiful, chatter lines : are gone. My new issue that I used the lambs wool applicator to apply the : finish because supposedly it reduced the air bubbles. Well I applied the : first coat which came out as expected, then I got a bran new applicator an : applied the second coat. This time however the finish dried with tons of : air bubbles, there are parts of the floor where it looks very grainy. What : is your advice on getting these air bubbles out and applying the finish : without the same results? : : Thank you so much in advance. : : Which type of finish did you apply ?
BTW, I used oil based poly. I used the Minwax brand.

of
lines
the
the
an
of
What

Well On an almost exact post with a poster using Minwax and getting bubbles.... I suggest a better quality product for starters, one a bit slower drying so that the bubbles have time to dissipate before drying.
Are the lambs wool applicators a good choice for applying the finishes? or is the best thing to do is use a brush.
--
Santos D. Santiago
Milwaukee, WI
SDSantiago wrote:

-- I AM NOT PARANOID .. .. .. but EVERYONE thinks I am !! !! !!
Thin the poly a little. Same thing happens when using a bristle or foam brush in my hot garage (95 degrees this time of year). I thin it slightly and the problem goes away. While runs won't be an issue on a horizontal surface, go easy on the thinner. Try a small area, like a closet to get the mix right before doing a large area. I also spray poly frequently and have to thin it then too.
Good luck,
Robert

of
lines