Ah, here's some rare wood for sale!

" I was out in my garage, cutting some molding for a project, thinking about all my problems. Although I don't regularly attend church services and haven't prayed in years, just this once I said a silent prayer. I prayed for my mother, I prayed for my grandfather, I prayed for my financial recovery and I prayed for John Paul II. At the moment I finished my prayer, I felt a surge of great peace, reassurance and solace, something I've never felt before. I thought nothing of it at first but looked down at the piece of wood I was cutting and was taken aback, literally shocked by the image I saw. It was the unmistakable image of Jesus Christ with his hands folded in prayer! "

And his problems went away. So can yours. ;-)

Actually, it's not a bad piece of wood for a buck!

Reply to
David Hakala

I didn't know he wore glasses! This changes everything.

Reply to
toller

And a plaid flannel shirt.

Oh wait, that's Norm...never mind.

Lee

Reply to
Lee DeRaud

Starting date should have been April 1.

Reply to
John

Looks like Lennon to me.

Reply to
Dukester

I find it strange that he was cutting up a piece of birch plywood (finished, no less) for molding. Wonder what that project looks like!

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

I am still amazed at how anybody knows what JC was supposed to look like? Was Kodak around back then?

See, I really think that was an image of Judas, and he duped him too!

Reply to
Markndawoods

Ah crap, six more weeks...

Lee

Reply to
Lee DeRaud

Mona Applebaum.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

David Hakala posts:

wood I was cutting and was taken aback, literally shocked by the image I saw. It was the unmistakable image of Jesus Christ with his hands folded in prayer! "

And his problems went away. So can yours. ;-)

Reply to
Charlie Self

NO back then they had The faithful like "Brother Dominick" with Picture perfect memory who would scribe the Picture on Papyrus. Those were Kodack (Monk) Moments.

thinking

Reply to
dteckie

"Supposedly" the common conception of what Jesus looked like is based on the shroud of Turin, before it was lost for 1,000 years. I don't really buy either the S/T or the conception (though this piece of wood is probably authentic), but who knows....

Reply to
toller

Looks more like Michael Jackson to me.

Reply to
Leon

The common impression of Jesus is based on cheap Victorian chromolithographs in Sunday School bibles. Holman Hunt's "Light of the World" being perhaps the most famous example of the genre.

Basically a European, white male hippy. They wouldn't look out of place in a Grateful dead T-shirt.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

The shroud of Turin is known to be a fake. The common image of Jesus was heavily influenced by ancient sculptures of Zeus (Jupiter). The Renaissance painters like DaVinci were surrounded by these images. Still, the images may not be as far off as history debunkers claim. He probably had brown eyes and a shade darker complexion, but Jesus was an ancient Jew, not a modern Arab, and probably not very different from a Greek or Roman.

Reply to
Hax Planks

I thought it looked like the Grim Reaper.

Reply to
Hax Planks

Amazing that a First Century Jew would look so UNLIKE present-day Sephardic Jews or anyone else who's lived in the Middle East in the previous thousand years or so. :)

Reply to
Charles Krug

Reply to
Charlie Self

Was his name Sgt. Hartman? Man, that movie was a classic.

Reply to
Hax Planks