Advice Wanted for Jointer Fence Repair/Replacement

Page 2 of 2

Found a new fence assembly on ebay for 20 bucks that is used on Delta's newer jointers and disc sanders.
With a couple mods, it works very nicely.
--

-MIKE-

You are one lucky bast$%. Congrats.

Tiger Woods said, "The more I practice, the luckier I get." With me, it's the more I google... :-) Things have been slow, so I had time to look. Plus, never underestimate the power of ebay's "Make an Offer." :-)
SonomaProducts.com wrote:

--

-MIKE-

Yeah, in return to a comment about how "talented" his son (John) was, coach Elway angrly responded that it wasn't talent, it was the insistance of always running one more lap when the rest of the team hit the showers and more hard work that anyone else.

SonomaProducts.com wrote:

That works _up_to_a_point. I'd never made a NBA player no matter how much I worked on my jump shot... :)
There has to be a certain amount of innate ability in any field before anybody is going to become top-level performer. Better than just bumbler?--sure, that's something most people can attain w/ enough effort but w/o the physical tools to start with there is no amount of effort that will create a world-class athlete or a Pavarotti or Einstein or...
You might be wrong. Read "outliers" and learn about the 10,000 hour magic number.

SonomaProducts.com wrote:

I might be indeed....indeed, there's a finite chance by quantum mechanics a bowling ball can tunnel through a concrete wall, too, but it ain't very likely we're any of us going to observe it happening...
:)