Adirondack Chairs

Can anyone help, I am looking for a set of plans for the original Adirondack Chair. i know that GMC in England used to sell plans but stopped a few years back. i have been unable to find another source.
snipped-for-privacy@virgin.net

Try Jake's Chair, the consensus best design for Adirondack Chairs on the web. Free, too. Here's the link: http://www.internetwoodworking.com/w5/chair.html
Bernard, I agree with Lee about Jake's Chair. Built one several years ago and have a few pictures on my web site: http://www.amiigas.com/Jake/Jake 's%20Chair.htm
-- Ed. O. My woodworking projects at: http://www.amiigas.com Remove the NAIL from e-mail to reply
i don't know why, but, the link didn't work for me, so, i'm cutting and pasting it to see if it works http://www.amiigas.com/Jake/Jake 's%20Chair.htm
"Ed. O." wrote:

i don't know why, but, the link didn't work for me, so, i'm cutting and pasting it to see if it works http://www.amiigas.com/Jake/Jake 's%20Chair.htm
"Ed. O." wrote:

Hey Ed,
I built one, looks exactly like yours except for that sportin' paint job.
I hate it. (Not your paint job, Jake's chair. Hate it.)
Not that I'm complaining, since the plans were free, and the website _did_ say it was designed for a big burley manly-man, and I am a little wimpy 5'8"... but... I hate it.
It _looks_ good, but it sits too straight up for my liking, and I find that the arms are just high enough to make me feel like I'm donating blood when I sit in it. I've never been able to "relax" in it.
I re-did the back angle and arm height dimensions using one of those plastic adirondacks that Lowe's sells as a guideline, and it made a world of difference.
Having said all that, I will say that it was a _great_ beginner project, with clear directions and good line drawings, and that damn chair is still out in the backyard, looking as good as the day I built it. Sucks as a chair, but rocks as yard art. ;>
Michael
Hey Mike, I get the feeling you don't care for Jake's Chair. LOL I have to be honest, we do not use it so I can't judge the comfort. We have a 103 year old cabin on the property (SWMBO's playhouse) and that is where it sits. A few coats of marine paint when first built and it looks brand new. Ed
-- Ed. O. My woodworking projects at: http://www.amiigas.com Remove the NAIL from e-mail to reply
On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 13:01:24 -0000, Bernard Tuck wrote:

I use the Veritas plans:
http://www.esperance-linux.co.uk/wood/gf_gallery.html
You can probably get them from any Veritas stockist but I use John Boddy's in Boroughbridge, N.Yorks. Tel: 01423 322370
You can see which Adirondack plans they do by visiting:
http://www.leevalley.com/
I think the plans are about 7 quid but worth it IMO.
If you do the folding chair, they'll also sell you a set of stainless steel bolts for it.
--

Frank