MDO for Adirondack chairs?

Can anyone offer their thoughts on using MDO for Adirondak chairs? I built a couple from Norm's plans a couple of years ago and they're very sturdy and comfortable. I would like to make more as gifts. I plan to paint them & want to minimize the cost of the wood. MDO is cheap, but I worry about the plywood edge sitting on the ground. Is filling this edge with auto body filler & painting sufficient to prevent it from rotting?

Thanks, Chris

Reply to
Christopher

JGS