Adapter for Delta dust collector

I just bought a used Delta 1.5 hp dust collector. So, I go to Woodcraft to buy a cover for the y fittng and an adapter to put my 4" hose on it which I found, to my dismay, would not fit. They inform me that Delta has their own propriatary size on the intake and nothing they have fit's it.
Does anybody know of an adapter to allow standard 4" accessories to fit on this (or any) Delta dust collector? Duct tape looks cool, but I would rather a "cleaner" look.
-Jim
Add pictures here
✖

make a circle cutting jig for your router table. for making narrow rings, you're best off doing it on the router table. for fitting up where you have a loose fit, you'll end up with a skinny ring, kinda like a giant Oring. where you have a tight fit you'll have a block with 2 diameter holes bored in opposing sides.
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 14, 4:06 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

I'm not really following what you are proposing. Nobody makes a commercial adapter? Seems weird.
Add pictures here
✖
Which model of DC... I have a 1.5hp 50-850 unit and all things I have bought fit fine...
Are you talking about the rubber "covers" ???
jtpr wrote:

Add pictures here
✖

Well, I would like the cover for the one I'm not using. But more importantly, I want to be able to put a "standard" 4" hose over the one I am using. By standard I mean the clear hose I bought at Woodcraft. It matches the size of the intake on the DC exactly, won't go over it or even in it. So I went down to WC and they had a Delta and a Jet in their DC room. I went over to the bin of accessories and picked out a 4" to 2 1/2" adapter as a test. It went on the Jet, but not the Delta. Same for everything I tried. It was exactly the same size, same OD and ID as the hoses and adapters. Not so the Jet. I then asked the guy that works there and he told me that all the Delta DC's are like that. The intake ports are prorietary, none of the standard third party attachments will work. So I asked if there was an adapter and he said no. So I bought a 4" coupler, took it home and dremeled out until it was paper thin and forced it over, sealing it with duct tape. Works, but it bugs me that this could be true.
-Jim
Add pictures here
✖
jtpr wrote:

Duct tape! Actually a metal 4" vent cover from a home center will probably look better, with the tape.
But more

Put a "quick connect" on the end of the hose. It's a shame the Woodcraft employees didn't know that.
Add pictures here
✖
B A R R Y wrote:

Yes, or a coupling.
But I vote for duct tape.
Harvey
Add pictures here
✖

Funny you should say that, I saw that listed in accessories on the Delta site. Did one of these come with the machine originally? I guess I could order one online.
Add pictures here
✖
jtpr wrote:

I have a Jet, so I can't guess.
Add pictures here
✖
jtpr wrote:

Usually, if two fittings are exactly the same size, there is another fitting that goes in it or around it. Anyway, I use standard PVC pipe for my dust collection and where I want to hook up a standard shop vac hose that doesn't fit in any plumbing pipe, I use Fernco plumbing connectors. these connectors are high quality and flexible as to size (within reason) and cheaper than dust collector specific stuff.
--
Jack
http://jbstein.com
jtpr wrote:

I have the Delta 50-760 1.5hp collector and had no problems putting standard 4" flex hose over the two inlets on the "Y".
Chris
Add pictures here
✖

Jim, I worked for Delta for many years and while I had nothing to do with the manufacture or sale of dust collectors ( with the exception of air cleaners), I do know that the marketing people where smart guys. While it is the dream of all marketing folks to have a product so unique that they would be able to sell exclusive accessories, that is not the case with Delta dust collection stuff.
Things may have changed but during my tenure what you are describing was not the case.
Frank
Add pictures here
✖