accurate miter gauges

Page 2 of 2
Greg G. wrote:

Same here.
I use maple, birch, oak, walnut, HDPE...
"B A R R Y" wrote:

Might want to add Delrin to your list.
More thermally stable than many plastics, especially UHMWPE.
Not sure about HDPE.
Lew
Just Wondering wrote:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page 64&filter=miter
http://www.incra.com/product_buildit_miterslider.htm
http://www.grizzly.com/catalog/2008/Main/361
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Nova wrote:

Thank ya verra much.

Well, usually the miter gauge you are replacing has one.
For accuracy you can't beat sleds. I have several homemade sleds as well as a "dubby" for angles. The benefit of a sled is that the stock can be held very steady. I still use the miter gauge that came with my rockwell contractor's saw for small pieces, It's quite accurate.
Rick wrote:

<snip>
Thanks to all of you who took time to reply. I appreciate the feedback.
Rick

The Kreg has a vernier (0.1 of a degree) , and also has a fine-tune mechanism to 0.01 of a degree.