accurate miter gauges

Rockler sells two for $12.98.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Thank ya verra much.

Reply to
Just Wondering

Thanks to all of you who took time to reply. I appreciate the feedback.

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Well, usually the miter gauge you are replacing has one.

Reply to
Leon

Same here.

I use maple, birch, oak, walnut, HDPE...

Reply to
B A R R Y

Might want to add Delrin to your list.

More thermally stable than many plastics, especially UHMWPE.

Not sure about HDPE.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

For accuracy you can't beat sleds. I have several homemade sleds as well as a "dubby" for angles. The benefit of a sled is that the stock can be held very steady. I still use the miter gauge that came with my rockwell contractor's saw for small pieces, It's quite accurate.

Reply to
MB

The Kreg has a vernier (0.1 of a degree) , and also has a fine-tune mechanism to 0.01 of a degree.

Reply to
Maxwell Lol