accessing the wreck

My cable company doesn't provide newsgroups as part of my service so I am using Google to read and post to the group.
Is there another way that I can access the group that will give me some filtering capabilities and not have me filtered as a googler?

There are a variety of news providers you can subscribe to. I use supernews.com
"Dave Balderstone" wrote in message

Teranews is also a cheap alternative. For their basic service, they charge a one time fee of something like $3.95. It provides access to all the usenet groups.

That's amazing. I wonder if they are better at it than my provider. I get occasional requests for a username/password authorization that their tech support can neither explain, nor provide insight to (they usually ask me if my computer is plugged in, or tell me to use IE or something.)
Any testimonials? :)
er
--
email not valid

"Enoch Root" wrote in message

"Sir, put down the mouse and back away from the keyboard! ..."
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/6/06

How about an anti-testimonial? I subscribed to teranews after my ISP (Direcway) decided that Usenet wasn't all that important and stopped carrying newsgroups. I first tried the "free" service (initial setup cost is something like $3.95). I had continual problems accessing the server, often not being able to get updates to the group for days at a time, binaries didn't load well -- I often was unable to download pictures from abpw. There were some picture files that would literally hang my news reader and require having to restart the newsreader. For some reason I can't explain, I thought maybe the subscription Teranews service would be better. It wasn't. I switched to Supernews before my Teranews subscription had even expired and have never looked back. I can now see all binary files from abpw and abpf and have never suffered any downtime being able to access the servers.

I use Agent ($29) and subscribe to their APN service (starts at $2.95/mo).
Agent's filtering capabilities arer just OK, but w/ NFilter you should be good to go.
Usual disclaimers apply.
-Zz

RayV wrote:

I want free - I found this Italian place. Seems to work fine. Only thing is it sometimes adds a signature. Yuck (Sorry guys)
http://www.x-privat.org/international.php
RayV wrote:

By your email address it looks like Comcast is your ISP. Per their web site they DO provide news group service.
*****
The Comcast News server settings are as follows:
NNTP Server: newsgroups.comcast.net
User name: your Comcast.net Primary email address (example: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net)
Password: your Comcast.net password
*****
See:
http://www.comcast.net/help/faq/index.jsp?faq=Newsgroups118224
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
On 18 May 2006 17:13:39 -0700, RayV wrote:

Ray,
Are you a United Telephone/Sprint customer? Sprint DSL comes with Earthlink, and they have a fairly good news server.
--
Art