ABPW ?

I have seen several references to ABPW so I did a Google search for it and found a lot of things that were not woodworking related, nor did I find a usergroup that is related.
Can someone direct me to ABPW?
Don Dando
On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 03:13:44 +0000, Don Dando wrote:

ABPW = alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking

Greg
LOL ... hmmm, my google search brought up ABPW. But it's alt.binaries.pro-wrestling
Not QUITE what he's looking for, eh?
Jack
Greg O wrote:

Don Dando wrote:

abpw is a gaping singularity lying at the center of the google server farms. It is ginormous, sucking massive quantities of pixels and electrons, bosons and bogons, that unfortunately come close enough to it to fall under its influence.
There is a rumor that the Usenet cabal lies at the center... but no one can prove that.
er
--
email not valid

Enoch Root wrote:

Oh yeah, and guess where your google search ended up!
fnord
er
--
email not valid

Enoch Root wrote:

There is no cabal.
Chris Friesen wrote:

I'll tell them you said that. :-)
--Steve
Steve wrote:

You sure you want to try that? Look what happened to Ken Lay.
er
--
email not valid

By the way, groups.google.com doesn't carry ABPW in case you look for it there. You'll need a different news server for that. Usually your internet provider will have one that you can use.
Josh
Don Dando wrote:

I looked and Verizon doesn't list it either.
--
Tom Adams

"Josh" < snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com> wrote in message
Earthlink has it..
Al

Actually, yes, Verizon does carry it. This group and abpw are both in my news.verizon.net subscrips, and I view each of them often. Strange you can't find it; perhaps you used COM instead of NET in your search?
Pop
I archive whatever shows up at my news server, here:
http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/ (back 30 days) http://www.delorie.com/wood/abpw/week.html (back 7 days)