ABPW

I have requested that ABPW be added to the available groups on news.eternal-september.org. If enough of us do this maybe they will add it and we can all benefit. http://www.eternal-september.org/index.php?showpage þedback&language=en Art
Add pictures here
✖
Artemus wrote:

From the first line of their web site's home page:
" news.eternal-september.org is a private project providing free access to text-only Usenet News."
Good luck!
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Artemus wrote:

They also carry alt.binaries.photos.original, however they strip any picture larger than 512k. Thats a pretty small size and very, very few pictures get posted.
--
Jack
✖

Again $10 will get you almost infinite access to astraweb with the small usage of binaries that you and I have...
--
Han

Add pictures here
✖

And even cheaper, Teranews offers unlimited access for a one time fee of $3.95. Download speed is capped, but for simple access and posting of reasonably sized images, you can't go too far wrong for such a small amount of money. http://www.teranews.com /
Add pictures here
✖
Han wrote:

I've been thinking of doing this but for now it's just too much bother. ABPW had few pictures when it was free for the world, it couldn't have picked up any with deliberate effort required to see it...Alt.Binary.Photo.Original was always really busy though, and I think they remain busy, since it is hard core photographers in a photograph newsgroup.
--
Jack
✖

Now read that sentence out loud to yourself.... and TRY to understand why it is funny. . . .btw.. what does that have to do with woodworking?
Add pictures here
✖
Robatoy wrote:

;-)
--
Froz...

Add pictures here
✖
Artemus wrote:

now, thanks for the link.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

As mentioned often I paid astraweb $10 in June of 2008 for 25 GB of downloading. Thus far I have used less than 1GB.
Posted thru astraweb
--
Han

Add pictures here
✖
RE: Subject
Think Astraweb.
$25 got me a 50 year supply.
Even $10 will get you a 20 year supply.
Lew
Add pictures here
✖

Yep!! Astraweb is great. And with newstap on my iPhone I get all the functionality of a real newsreader, including automagic yEnc!!
--
Han

Add pictures here
✖