a very strange tool on eBay

I have NEVER heard of, or seen this!

< click dat!

Alex

Reply to
AAvK

Apparently, one hand aims while the other one provides the POWER!!

Reply to
Rileyesi

I don't know... I doubt that I would have the coordination to do that... he he Alex

Reply to
AAvK

It is a joke, like Jimmy Carter's "double claw" hammer. I am not sure it's $50 worth of funny tho.

Reply to
Greg

It looks like that top handle would provide some extra nail removal leverage though? Might actually be a very useful hammer who knows!

-- Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews

50 woodworking product reviews online!

------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews:

- Ryobi EMS1830SCL 12" SCMS

- Bessey K-Body Clamps

- Lumber Wizard Metal Detector

- Pocket Hole Drilling Jig Project Book

- Kreg Universal Bench Klamp

- GRR-Ripper System & MJ Splitter

Woodcrafter

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Greg) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m13.aol.com:

Double claw hammers were manufactured, and not as a joke. There is at least one triple claw in a collection.

If someone found a use for double and triple claws, double handles might just be useful for something.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Woodcrafter notes:

I'd say it's a joke, or someone with too much time on his hands trying for an invention. The handle will split long before the hammer is useful, I'd guess.

Charlie Self "Half of the American people have never read a newspaper. Half never voted for President. One hopes it is the same half." Gore Vidal

Reply to
Charlie Self

Obviously someone removed the rubber sling. The bottom half is supposed to be a slingshot.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Double claw hammers are real.

This is also the first time I've seen a _claw_ hammer in bronze.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Maybe it's for hammering in a marker by dowsers.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Daly

With the bronze head and all I'd guess it was made to present to someone as a retirement present or some sort of gag gift.

Probably represents some inside joke the rest of us will never get.

Tim Douglass

Tim Douglass

Whoa, flashback... Pink Floyd... THE WALL

Reply to
Kent

Larry Levinson Talking up to the vocal ... LLevinson*Bloomberg.net (remove the star etc ....)

Reply to
Larry Levinson

I am not talking about a hammer with a stacked double claw on one side. Carter has one with no striking surface and a claw on both sides.

Reply to
Greg