a very strange tool on eBay

I have NEVER heard of, or seen this!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itema21109385 < click dat!
Alex

Apparently, one hand aims while the other one provides the POWER!!

I don't know... I doubt that I would have the coordination to do that... he he Alex
It is a joke, like Jimmy Carter's "double claw" hammer. I am not sure it's $50 worth of funny tho.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Greg) wrote in

Double claw hammers were manufactured, and not as a joke. There is at least one triple claw in a collection.
If someone found a use for double and triple claws, double handles might just be useful for something.
Lobby Dosser wrote:

Obviously someone removed the rubber sling. The bottom half is supposed to be a slingshot.
On 27 Sep 2004 05:59:59 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Greg) wrote:

Double claw hammers are real.
This is also the first time I've seen a _claw_ hammer in bronze.
double claw hammers are real, though it is usually the claw that is doubled, not the handle.

Larry Levinson Talking up to the vocal ... LLevinson*Bloomberg.net (remove the star etc ....)

I am not talking about a hammer with a stacked double claw on one side. Carter has one with no striking surface and a claw on both sides.

Hehe :) It looks like that top handle would provide some extra nail removal leverage though? Might actually be a very useful hammer who knows!
-- Regards,
Dean Bielanowski Editor, Online Tool Reviews http://www.onlinetoolreviews.com Over 50 woodworking product reviews online! ------------------------------------------------------------ Latest 6 Reviews: - Ryobi EMS1830SCL 12" SCMS - Bessey K-Body Clamps - Lumber Wizard Metal Detector - Pocket Hole Drilling Jig Project Book - Kreg Universal Bench Klamp - GRR-Ripper System & MJ Splitter ------------------------------------------------------------
Woodcrafter notes:

I'd say it's a joke, or someone with too much time on his hands trying for an invention. The handle will split long before the hammer is useful, I'd guess.
Charlie Self "Half of the American people have never read a newspaper. Half never voted for President. One hopes it is the same half." Gore Vidal
On 27-Sep-2004, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:

Maybe it's for hammering in a marker by dowsers.
Mike

With the bronze head and all I'd guess it was made to present to someone as a retirement present or some sort of gag gift.
Probably represents some inside joke the rest of us will never get.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
Whoa, flashback... Pink Floyd... THE WALL