A Good Sharpening Service Near You?

Here's the idea of the thread. If you know of a good local sharpening service respond by giving the name of the service and where they are located (city and state please).

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

IDAGS. How can I tell when I need a good sharpening service for my TS carbide blades? Are there objective things to look for?

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Yes, a good source of potable water.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

Raleigh Saw Raleigh, NC

Reply to
McQualude

WTF? Circle Saw of Tucson. Good water from the ground, augmented with Colorado river water from a ditch. Tom

Someday, it'll all be over....

Reply to
Tom

I send my friends to Paul's Grinding in Winnipeg, Canada - just south of Lake Winnipeg, one of the largest lakes in the world.

Rob

Reply to
Specter

I'd like to find on around the St. Louis area. I'm south of St. Louis about

100 miles and there is nothing in this area that I've been able to find so since we drive to St. Louis about every month or so finding a good sharpening service up in that area would be great.
Reply to
Mike S.

Good: D&R Saw and Tool Dallas, TX

Bad Precision Tool & Construction Tucson, AZ. I had planer and jointer blades sharpened there last summer. a) They didn't remove the wire from the blade, b) The blades weren't even placed in the fixture straight, the machining was significantly crooked. I'm going to have to have these things re-sharpened just to use them. Pointing out my concerns to the guy at PT&C -- he didn't seem to see anything wrong.

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

??? What does drinking water have to do with knowing whether or not it is time to have a saw blade sharpened?

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Supreme Saw and Grinding - St. Louis.

On Gravois, east of Jefferson

Reply to
rachocki

KB Sharpening in Milton Wisconsin. About 35 miles south of Madison

Mike

Reply to
The Davenports

You're supposed to sharpen those things? I've been throwing my saws out and buying new ones.

tt

Reply to
Test Tickle

Saw Supply Monrovia, CA - (Just East of Pasadena)

Their custom blades are IMHO, are better and have more carbide than any I have ever used.

Reply to
TeamCasa

Accurate Cutting Technologies

1248 S Tibbs Ave Indianapolis, IN (317) 243-8415

I thought a bit slow, but they made my well worn dado set better than new.

-Dan V.

Reply to
Dan Valleskey

Sorry, I thought you were trying to take the thread off topic. :-)

Wood burning and cuts becoming harder are good signs.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

I will second that Dan. I have used this service for the school and I recommend ACT. Many know this as the old Leggitt Saw and Tool. They have taken on new partners and purchased the latest sharpening equipment and they do an exceptionally good job.

Mike from American Sycamore

Reply to
Mike at American Sycamore

Sawblades - Forrest Manf.

Everything else done right here on premises, done the way I want it, when I want it and at the price I want to pay.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.

Eastside Saw And Sales

12880 Bellevue Redmond Rd BELLEVUE, WA 98005 - 2695 (425) 454-7627

For potable water, turn your head toward the sky, open your mouth--this is the Pacific Northwest.

Reply to
Bob Mc

Ridge Tool Lyndhurst, NJ

You can send your stuff via the mail.