A gloat?

I just bought 150sf of mahogany for $240. Now for the question mark; while some of it is 3/4" or 1", most is between 1/2" and 3/8". I bought it with the idea that, at that price, it must be good for something.
But what? a typical piece is 9'x5"x3/8". Thin stock usually goes at a premium, but yah gotta have a use for it!
Sure... some REALLY snazzy drawers. You can also use the thinner stock for edging and just generally dress up other pieces with the thinner stock.
Lots of glue and you got "thicker"...
I would use it for a couple of really snazzy garden benches. The 3/8" is just right for back slats.
toller wrote:

Right now I'm in the process of making some boxes for gifts. It is all 3/8" material. The widest is the lid at 5 5/8". Your wood would be perfect for it. Plans are in American Woodworker a month or two ago.

toller wrote:

You can give it to rec.ww'rs as christmas gifts!

Just now something that thin would come in very handy for some projects I have. So:
You suck!
--RC
Sleep? Isn't that a totally inadequate substitute for caffine?
Hi Toller,
I think that you got a pretty good deal, but most of the thinner stuff would be appropriate for smaller projects like jewelry boxes, chess boards, clocks, etc.
Of course, you can always laminate them together to get what you want. 75 sq ft of 3/4 at $250 is still a fair price IMHO.
At that price, I would have grabbed it to have around for whenever I needed it for whatever (as a hobbyist).
Lou

Yo! Mac! Proof read man, proof read...
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com

hmm... must have been a long day... took me like 5 readings to see what you meant...
hey, wait a second here! You're assuming that I wouldn't make a great present??? *rofl*