A couple of new signs I made

Page 2 of 2
On 10/13/2011 9:03 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Yes... IIRC these maps were about 12 x 24" on average, mounted on a post just above the stats/information about the hole.
On Wed, 12 Oct 2011 21:49:42 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

What substrate? Cut from one piece or laminated logo and golf club sections?

Hah! You're efficient up in Canuckistan, aren't you? Golf in the summer, curling in the winter--at the same facility. Bravo! How are these fastened onto the rock?

The signs and painting look good.
-- The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools. -- Herbert Spencer

They're screwed to a slab of marine ply which is TapCon'd to the stone using shims for flatness. Then Dave mixes up some matching paint (to the rock) and then uses stainless screws to attack the signage to the boards. Countersunk and filled, then spot painted. He photographs the screw locations before hiding them, in case the sign gets damaged and needs to be repaired.
This might be of some interest to you...a collector and restorer of antique British sports cars wants me to make some dashboards for him. He is handing me the slabs, veneers and .dxf files. So I bought a vacuum pump, am building a control circuit for the pump and making myself a vacuum bag. I have a lot of homework to do on finishing those re; weather , cold, heat etc. Exotic wood, British sports cars, a CNC, and he brews his own ales...dayum, life can be rough.
Truer words were never spoken than by a few ShopBotters who told me just to "go ahead and buy one of those damned thangs, because a year from now you will have NO idea what you're going to be doing with it, but it will be busy..."

On 10/13/2011 12:49 AM, Robatoy wrote:

I'm surprised you can't get "Golf and Curling Club" signs off-the-shelf. :)
On 10/13/11 12:49 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Beautiful work, you are an artist.
And to think my wife and I are very happy with that simple shelf you made for us.
--
Froz...

On 10/12/2011 11:49 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Wow! Looks all professionally done. ;~)