A Brief Respite From Our "Self" Obsession

Page 1 of 2
I'm gotta wondering something here about now.
Why are some saw blades covered in Teflon?
UA100

Because some aren't.
Barry

> Barry
Oh, no, no, no! It's so your food won't stick.
Larry
Lawrence L'Hote wrote:

Probably keeps gum and tar and whatnot from building up on the faces of the blade.

--
--John
brought forth from the murky depths:

Y'all beed resawin' yer beans again, L'Hote? <tsk tsk tsk>
-- Save the Endangered ROAD NARROWS! -|- www.diversify.com Ban SUVs today! -|- Full Service Websites
Obviously French Cut. JG
Larry Jaques wrote:

LOL!
"Moore," I asked, "do you have any apples in that basket?
"No" he said, and smiled quietly as was his wont."
;-)
djb
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

I always wondered how something that covers the part of the blade that dosen't touch wood actually did anything.
The red finish is attractive, though!
Barry
Same reason there are variable speed routers, so's you can use them in the kitchen too.

On Sat, 08 May 2004 22:04:46 GMT, "Pounds on Wood"

I've seen the advantages of a variable speed router, totally different concept.
Talk to me when you have some 3" bits.
Barry
O'course there's that. But have you tried mixing pancake batter? That is when you really appreciate it.

to keep the eggs from sticking.
sheesh. everybody knows that.
Unisaw A100 wrote:

To keep BAD insults from sticking.     j4
If your fence is a 1/4" closer to the front of the blade than the back, it might come in handy.
Preston

Because the slight increase in perceived value drops right to the bottom line baby...
Lou
because it keeps them looking shiny in the packaging and they get less pre-sale returns that way. But then, I can be cynical.
--
Greg

"Unisaw A100" < snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com> wrote in message
cynical? that's soft pedaling it!! how about a world class JERK?? (and a pathological liar)
dave
Greg Millen wrote:

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message ...

Folks, unfortunately BAD the troll has carried this from another thread where I called him on some slanderous comments he made, he seems to be making a habit of this, as he has done it before with rec.photo.digital threads.
I invited him to provide a link to prove his comments and he refused to do so, claiming he was "too lazy to pull up all your nonsense of (sic) Google".
This is how he justifies lies and slander. Reference is here for the slander http://tinyurl.com/2q98w and here http://tinyurl.com/23v27 for the lies. Note that when caught in the lie his response was "so sue me".
BAD, I invite you again to go back to the other thread and substantiate your insinuation that I am likely to be involved in flame wars (with people other than yourself and the other obvious trolls). Again, for a preponderance of proof you will need to find a number of them to show a habitual pattern. To help you along, look at *your* posting history to get an idea of what I mean.
I maintain - with proof and references - you are a liar, a slanderer and a troll. You have yet to substantiate any of your claims which makes you look pretty 'bad'.
You have called me a pathological liar. Once again, please provide references to back up your claims. Because if you don't, you further strengthen my assertion that *you* are the liar and slanderer.
I'll repeat myself from the previous thread:
"Put up or shut up", but I know you won't do either, you can't. You don't have the facts to support the former or the balls to achieve the latter."
--
Greg

bait me all you want. I'm not wasting my time with you. dave