Subject Author Posted Replies

what's the best looking piece of art made of wood that you have ever seen?
Wood is widely used in making furnitures, wall units, and shelves...etc., just like glass, metal and other 'modern looking' mateiral, wood is also used to create "ART". What is the best looking piece...
11
11

One great source for quality solid timber
Hi, for anyone that my find it usefull, i'm sharing this. I've gathered with some buddies and we got some real nice timber delivered to us on time and at great prices. Hope you like it!
1
1

Jigsaw blades
What type of jigsaw blade would you good folk recommend for a clean (versus fast) cut in 3/4in ply? Is 10-12tpi reasonable? Am I right in thinking that it would be counterproductive to push this up to...
4
4

woodworking tools tore open house near Baltimore
Hey All, This is a little late notice but for you Baltimore area woodworkers there is an open house at Cayce Company in Cockeysville, just a few miles north of Baltimore. Tonight and Saturday. see for...
7
7

Opinions on Stanley block planes
Hey all; I need a block plane, and can't afford the one I want (Veritas). It seems like they Stanleys aren't that bad, but I'm wondering if anyone here has a more experienced opinion on their recent...
8
8

"MASON JAR" GUMBALL MACHINE
Posted before, but time again. JOAT It's not hard, if you get your mind right. - Granny Weatherwax http://www.shopsmithhandson.com/archives/sept_oct_00/html/weekend_project.htm

Gumball Machine Plans (links)
Goose Gumball Plan Gumball Plan Gumball Plan Ball Machine Plan Gumball Machine & Bank Plan Silo Candy Machine Plan Gumball Machine Plan Gumball Machine Plan Machine Plans
1
1

Woodshop Accidents
I teach wood shop and the students don't seem to take accidents seriously. Does anyone have a list of different short stories that I could share with them, to help them realise that accidents do and...
29
29

Old barn and structure photos
Lots of these old relics from my travels http://www.followfocusproductions.com

Festool in Oregon.
Given that Festool blocks competitive pricing, delivery time seems to be the only real advantage left so I would like to buy some festool equipment from an online supplier in Oregon or Washington in...
7
7

Woodworking and baseball on the radio
They kind of go together. S.
1
1

Gas line to the shop
I'm trying to get the finishing touches on the shop, and it's starting to get cold here in Chicago. When the shop was in the building process, I inquired with one of the city building inspectors about...
12
12

The CarveWright
Hello everyone, I recently retired and want to find a hobby away from electronics and their chat boards. What is the opinion of those of you that have tried the CarveWright. Is this tool as good as it...
4
4

Need Cushion Supplier
Getting ready to build a mission style loveseat and I am currently looking for a cushion to get these for the project. Anyone ever had the need and find a manufactorer? Looking for leather not fabric...
6
6

Ha! I'm done...
... with family Christmas presents, _BEFORE_ Halloween!! (eat your heart out) :) down to "Calendar/Chalkboard frames" for the "rest of the story". http://www.e-woodshop.net/Projects14.htmScroll