Subject Author Posted Replies

Wedging Through Tenons
The last time I wedged through tenons was about 3 yrs ago, on the round (2" diameter) shaving horse legs. For my latest project, I had to research w hich way to orient the wedges into the end...
1
1

Jorgenson/Pony Clamps
It appears that this business, that stopped production last year, has been sold to a Chinese company and will resume operations soon. While I don't like that it is Chinese owned, IMHO the Cabinet...
9
9

Finishing outside the box
Or maybe inside the box too. So I was watching ASK TOH and the guys were visiting Hawaii. Tommy visited a box maker and learned a new way to apply a finish. Looks promising for us that live in the...
26
26

Adding Drawer Slides To A Old Hutch?
My daughter picked up this hutch at a garage sale and asked me to re-purpose it as a kitchen island. The slats from the top section have been moved to the back of the base to give it a finished look....
16
16

repurposing a sliding door
The old house we bought 2 years ago has what would be called "character" if it appeared on one of those HGTV/DIY shows. Somewhere in the last 40 to 50 years a number of additions/modifications were...
14
14

made in usa toool co
had not ever heard of them their stuff does not look too bad seems a little pricey but looks solid anyone have any of their stuff Kalamazoo Industries Inc. manufactures, abrasive saws, sanders,...
4
4

Information on a Wood Lathe
I purchased a professional worker brand Wood Lathe V# 3574 and Stock No. WL6/03028. Could you give me any info. on it's value?
1
1

Rust prevention on surfaces... in today's environments
Seeking your counsel, folks. I never had a need for a real rust-preventat ive on my tools, as my shop was in a reasonably- decent climate-controlled basement. Bought a new house a couple of years ago...
52
52

clearing out inventory
not sure if they are making room for new stuff or just have too much but leevalley is selling some hardware off at decent prices hinges pulls latches etc

Vintage Craftsman Planer
... 4200 rpm is right in the sweet spot I mentioned???
6
6

Minor mishap
Glad you had the safety glasses on. FWIW, I try to practice a rule--no bar clamps at or near eye level, and if they have to be then try to turn them in the direction where I'm least likely to walk...
19
19

Stained bandsaw table
When I purchased my new band saw table last year it arrived with a beautiful steel table. Now it has stained due to the processing of green wood for turning. It is not etched, just stained, mostly by...
6
6

Thank you!
All y'all have a splendid Memorial Day and a big Thank You to all that have served, given, sacrificed to protect us. And thank you to those that give time to those that have sacrificed.
8
8

Ping K...at notreal
I've been meaning to post more pics of that shelf bracing, mentioned in the thread "holy crap, high end furniture assembled with nails everywhere". I don't know if you had realized exactly how the...

#TBT How A Wind Powered Sawmill Works
Sawmilling in Holland Wind powered sawmill. MY GEAR; BIG CAMERA; http://goo.gl/tmnL26 BENDY TRIPOD; http://goo.gl/so6Gfm YOU NEED THIS FOR THE BENDY TRIPOD; http://goo.gl/X2DQ8Y MAIN LENS;...
3
3