Subject Author Posted Replies

Colt for making inlays?
I cut 16 hinge mortises on Thursday and used a jig to guide me. I used a Bosch 1617evs fixed base router with a 1/2" flush trim "TOP" bearing bit. Just being careful and setting the spinning bit down...
5
5

Woodworking meets Quilting
Well, I am working on the 2 jewelry chests today and adding the Tiger Maple veneer to the maple drawer fronts, 24 of'um. Because the veneer strips are 1/8" wider than 3 of the drawers, stacked, I...
2
2

Sandblast wood etching
CG: First, all fine, inhalable dusts are a health hazard. Use a dust collector and wear a cartridge mask. The other suggestions you've had are good. You might want to check with --or google on--the...
23
23

Polyshades on Pine
This might be considered sacrilege by some in the group but I needed to get a Pine desk done quickly so I tried Minwax Polyshades, stain & poly all in one can. sanded it down to 220 by hand then put...
9
9

Fiddle Cases
I picked up a new (old) fiddle today. Now I own 2 fiddles having cases that are worn out! I was wondering whether someone here might help me combine my interest in woodworking with my interest in...
11
11

FS: W&H lathe for sale
My dad has a 12" W&H lathe for sale near Dayton, Ohio. Includes both 3" and 8" faceplates, tool rests, a 3 jaw chuck, and a 1/2hp motor. Straight shaft - no taper. Please see for pictures, or contact...
1
1

Thanks for your tips
Wow, that is very nice. How long did it take you to do that. Love the old John Deeres. Dad has an old A. You did well.
3
3

Red Oak Dust
When I sand Oak it causes my hands to itch and the cuticles by my nails to flake and peel.
9
9

Thanks for the tip
can't remember who sent the tip for but thanks. I bought some of the pullouts and some other stuff. You were balls on about the quality and fair prices. Just a thanks...
1
1

Vacuum bagging for veneer on the cheap
I'd like to improve my veneering technique. Right now I apply glue (usually alephatic yellow glue) and either clamp or apply weights. This works OK with backed veneer. A lot of stuff is just "plain"...
5
5

Ping: Mac Davis
Mac, I saw your lathe's tool rack on the pic site. What holds the tools to the rack? Magnets? Sonny
4
4

living with quilting addicts
Nolting Longarm Quilting Machines

I need help with Formica
I have just put formica on a counter top. It measures about 25" x 48". For some reason one edge is not holding down. I have tried putting additional contact cement under the edge and then clamping it...
8
8

first panel saw
My intention is for this first to be the last. I checked google groups archives and see that there was a lot of discussions in the past on the subject and the Milwakee 6480-20 was a hands down winner....
7
7

Tool descriptions for the do-it-yourselfers !
This is an oldie, but good to look at again while you are counting your fingers ! DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it...
7
7