90 Degree Angle Braces - $$$$$$$!!

Page 3 of 6

Brian they are milled on the reference surfaces - on 3 faces, to within .002" over 6". Material is sheared and bent aluminum - 3/16 thick...
The web copy is being/has been updated....
Cheers -
Rob
I have allready made some out of 11ga steel and they work great...But I wood not spend that kinda money on them...my $.02 ......Brian

Great, but I don't have any 11 gauge steel, nor do I have a shear, brake, etc.
I understand that most people do not have a brake shear laser or punch but, I could do the same with some scrap plywood too. I am fortunate to have the steel and the equipment to make anything I need, given that I still think that the price is a bit high.. We have a shop min. of $45.00. If some came in and wanted the brackets made they would be 45.00. If they wanted 10 each it might be 45.00 also. the set-up is the cost in the whole thing.I also could cut all the wood with the laser too but I want to do the woodworking myself. I use the fancy equipment to make jigs and fixtures............Brian

but,
need.
You suck Brian.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

I think you might want to re-punctuate that. ("Eats, shoots, and leaves.")

leaves.")
OK - You suck, Brian.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@alltel.net

Brian -
Completely understand - but we have to leave the value judgement up to the customer...there are lots more people with $10 bills (well, $12.25 really), than there are with the desire to build their own braces.
The "make vs buy" equation is different for everyone.
Cheers -
Rob
"Robin Lee" wrote in message

Of all the catalogs I get from LV, the most recent is my personal favorite.
Despite its thinness, it contains a larger application of "crowbar grease" than all the other's combined, and evokes the Pavlovian response of the old "Sears catalog wishful/wistful" thinking" of my youth.
IOW, like that lovely catcher's mitt/guitar/bicycle of 50 years ago, there are at least half a dozen items therein that, the need of which, I wasn't even aware.
How do you do that??
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

Simple; he's evil. ;-) (if the humor's not obvious).
Between the last two update catalogs, and some leftover needed misc. shop supplies, I expect I'll ordering in the next week ...
Regards,
JT

Rob- don't get me wrong... if you have customers for the item at that price I totally support your giving warehouse space, catalog space, etc to the item. I'm highly unlikely to buy it myself, but if someone else wants to, let 'em.
I can actually see a slight advantage to these over homemade ones- that glue might release easier. otherwise, it seems vastly easier, cheaper and more convenient to make them out of scraps of plywood as needed. but maybe that's just me.
Looked at the pic and they are not milled. There are no milling marks anywhere on the parts....Brian

Brian -
Respectfully - you're wrong...you're looking at a low res photo... I'm looking at the actual product.
The wood contact surfaces are all milled.
Cheers -
Rob
E-mail me a high res pic to show me.......Brian

Why should he? Why do you care? Are you just Robert under a different name?
scott
On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 21:32:16 GMT, "Brian in Hampton"

Like the micrometer buffs who need just that little more accuracy when cutting wood with a vibrating saw blade, how accurate do we need to be?
Anyhow, comparative shopping helps:
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?&offerings_id 112&objectgroup_idR5&catid&filter=clampit
You [that's any "you"] decide.
The wood will move more than .002 with the humidity so why work to those tolerances, don't get me wrong I like to be as accurate as I can be but there is a point you cant get any closer.....Brian
wrote:

http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?&offerings_id 112&objectg roup_idR5&catid&filter=clampit
On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 18:02:24 -0500, "Brian In Hampton"

That was my point.
I posted pics of the brackets on ABPW if you want to have a look......Brian

Hey Brian, I was looking at the angles you posted on abpw. Are the legs on yours milled like on the Lee Valley ones?
UA100