true 90 degree soil pipe bend ?

If you need a true 90 degree soil pipe bend (not 92.5), where can you get one from ? If for example you need to exit a wall, turn left to the soil pipe, then that is what you need. Or do folks make do with 92.5 and force the connectors ? Cheers, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Marley SB47 as I mentioned before when you weren't listening

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

With the push fit version there is no need to force anything - they will accept the pipe at quite a range of angles, and hence a true 90 is no problem.

Reply to
John Rumm

'O'Ring socketed PVC Soil pipe will stand quite a lot of deformation without leakage.

The further you get away from the 92.5 degree socket joint that requires to be 90 degrees, i.e. the longer the pipe coming out of the socket in any direction, the less deformation is required at the 'O' ring joint.

I used to Demo for one of the first companies in the PVC Soil & Waste systems market, (Marley Tile Company, then became Marley Plumbing). Did same for Osma,& Bartol.

Reply to
Bookworm

agreed

Hmmm... I think its still 2.5deg regardless of the length of the pipe, that's 43mm per metre, which surprised me when I calculated it as I've never found this issue a problem in practice, probably due to the tolerance that you mention, not forgetting there are two bites at the tolerance per bend.

If the OP really wants 90 he could use 2x45 in one plane or 2x92.5 in two planes.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

Sorry, I don't like to appear ignorant ! One thing I did notice, having done the rounds of the local plumbing merchants. They seem to stock a very limited range of parts - which must be the only stuff local plumbers use. Thanks, Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Jim. I did not say it was not still 2.5 degrees I said the deformation was less the further away from the joint you got. The angular tolerance on a PVC 'O' ring socket is high. A metre long pipe away and you would be lucky if you could measure the angle precisely.

As you say, in practice it is no problem (except on a freezing cold day on a windswept building site when the PVC will probably break on you if you try to force it where it dont wanna go especially if you are doing a demo for a load of cynical plumbers, which I was 30 years ago. ' PVC Pipe ? Ha Ha You must be joking mate!).

Reply to
Bookworm