Subject Author Posted Replies

Taking a break
Folks, I think I'm going to take a vacation from the wreck for a few months, 'till after the election. So, have fun and see you in a few... I'm "beechpilotbarry" on LumberJocks, if you want to say hi...

After a 9 week wait, the new DC finally arrives!
My JDS-3100CK finally arrived yesterday! The same guy delivered it who delivered my PM mortiser and Performax 22/44. We're getting to know each other! So far, all I've done is unpack it, but it looks...
2
2

for your information
I know this isn't a woodworking post, but I thought it was worth passing on. Please see below and verify your gas receipts when you gas up.
8
8

Dust-bee-gone mask
I'm tired of not being able to see after a few minutes of wearing a mask and goggles, so I've started looking for something better. Mac davis made a suggestion a short time ago in another thread for...
18
18

Another Lee Valley rave
I guess I may be just "preaching to the choir," but I justed wanted to share with you all just how reputable a company Lee Valley Tools is. As many of you know, California is having some budget...
8
8

Ok and now on to the hinges!
OK, now I have a good idea how to fix the screw holes I'm trying to find the hinges. This seems to be a major problem as I can't find a UK supplier that makes/sells these. The only alternative that...
4
4

What is it? Set 251
Howdy, 1421 is a scoop for nails (when they are sold).
26
26

Table saw fence
I have a Delta Rockwell Contractor saw that I bought new in 1967. It runs on a link belt and machined pulleys and stays dead on accurate. The old Jet fence that came with it is acting up again and I...
2
2

O/T: The Bail Out
"Dave in Houston" wrote Not only is he right, but if you go back and read through the archives of this newsgroup alone you will see his premise alluded to again and again by many of us common folk,...
80
80

OT: The financial crisis in a nutshell
Disclaimer: I do not own Casablanca. One of my favorite scene's of ironey in this movie with Claude Rains, but there are so many!!!!!!

Re: Styrofoam Fasteners
velcro strips. to attach the velcro strips there is styrofoam construction adhesive.
4
4

Patio sideboard?
Anyone built a patio sideboard? I have a covered patio (in the Arizona desert). I've googled my self raw, but don't see anything close. The size would be somewhere around 20" deep, 36" high and 6-10'...
1
1

sliding compound dual bevel saw
I have a 10" makita now and am giving it to my brother. I want to buy another one, my top choices are the bosch 10" and rigid 12" (only because they don't have a 10") and the reason is the 60+ degree...

Chipboard Repair
I'm trying to repair a wall unit that was damaged during transport. Basically a harsh stop forced the door to drop and the sudden drop smashed the hinges and tore out some other supports. Trying to...
16
16

Clamping to Incra Right Angle Fixture
I'm having the most difficult time clamping boards to the Incra jig's right angle fixture to make the tail cuts. I would appreciate any help and advice on how to do this consistently (and hopefully...
4
4