Subject Author Posted Replies

R.I.P Dremel Stylus
A couple of years ago I bought one for my wife. I inherited after she lost interest in the hobby it was for. Now it is dead. Opened it up and it had two non-standard lithium cells hardwired in. I took...
4
4

Check out my chest! :^]
Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom (floor?). Solid cherry panels. My own design. Let me know what you think. http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Blanket_Chest.htm
21
21

Extended length drill bits
I am needing to drill 30 - 36" into the end of a 1" dowel, with a half inch bit. Built a jug, centering etc not an issue. What I am unfamiliar with is a bit to go that deep. I tried starting with a...
21
21

Re: Disaster update (1/1)
This is not a binary newsgroup. No pictures. Otherwise, sorry to hear about you shop. Congrats on new one. nb
1
1

Disaster update (0/1)
Apr 9 2009 my shop burned. Total loss. New shop amost finished. Paint touch up and some trim work. Still have some landscaping and rebuild fence. George (aka Bumhead)

Need 1/4 brass pins-- any good sources?
I'm working on a project that requires short 1/4" diameter metal pins. They'd be similar to shelf pins, but without that flattened end on which the shelf rests. Basically, short 1/4" diameter...
16
16

Drilling through floor
We've all done this: you get down into the unfinished basement, snake a few CATV or phone wires around the ductwork and pipes, then drill up through the subfloor into a pocket between two studs, and...
16
16

Flooring Question
I think I've seen this discussed before, but I'd like to make sure. I'm putting a new floor in my bathroom/laundry room, and there's a ton of stuff to remove; toilet, sliding doors, washer, dryer,...
23
23

REVIEW - Kreg 90-Degree Corner Clamps
Latest review is up! Kreg's new 90-Degree Corner Clamps. http://onlinetoolreviews.com/reviews/kregcornerclamps.htm

Neader or Normite tool?
Never saw a machine like this... kind of blurs the lines with it's fixed, rather than spinning, blade! Mark Hennebury demonstrates a 1973 Marunaka "Royal UP" Supersurfacer This is a fixed blade fine...
12
12

SOT: Airless sprayer question
There was a thread here some months back about the Graco airless sprayers from the borg. I've been working on my long-neglected deck. It really needs a backhoe, but i'm trying to buy a few more years....
5
5

This guy is good, and fun to listen to.
Tommy Johnson - you ain't gonna believe this one! Tommy Johnson plays boogie woogie. An amazing pianist. Plays boogie-woogie piano music incredibly! The Real Boogie Man!...
5
5

Skil Digital Angle Finder: huge mistake!
Ok, I may be having a huge brainfart on this, so you tell me. Skil Digital Angle Finder - Model #2100DAF I bought this thing and used it this week for some trim work at a studio which has lots of...
60
60

How would you have done it?
I installed a overhead storage shelf made by Hyloft (see item here: to make sure the corners were parallel to one another. They suggested hanging one then measure off it to get to line up. My brother...
3
3

Making window sash question
I need to make 60+ pair of DH divided light (mostly 8 over 8) double hung sash. Having trouble finding the right wood. Any ideas? The only suitable wood I have been able to find in my area is mahogany...
8
8