Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Carl Sagan set to MUSIC
If you haven't see this already: cool.

OT-Animated CAD and html continued
Ok. This is a continuation to one of my previous posts on how to implement user view control to a 3D-CAD drawing. Animated gif's seemed to be the easiest and cheapest (free) approach. Link below is...
21
21

Sonin Moisture meter
A couple of hours at 160 F is all it takes to kill molds and insects; a solar kiln or steam box can do this without much work or money invested. The drying, of course, takes place in open air...
6
6

Re: Please look at this excellent model of the ship!
Alexander: If you EVER come to the US and specifically the San Francisco area, please let me know. Our woodworking club would be enthralled in seeing your work and how you do it. Another masterpiece!...
1
1

old square
I mentioned an old square in my previous post. Here's some pictures for the curious: is like the one at the top of the page. http://www.oldtooluser.com/TypeStudy/stanno2pitstypestudy.htmMine
1
1

metal slides, wood case: will it crack?
I've got 24" metal drawer slides attached to a case made of solid quarter sawn cherry. Of course, the slides go across the grain. I'm wondering if I need to be concerned about the case cracking due to...
4
4

In need of a circular saw
Greetings all, it's been a few years since I have been here, I hope I can become welcome back. I have been searching the 'net for about 1-1/2 weeks trying to gather info on every circular saw that I...
18
18

Mounting & Covering Photos on Wood
I have seen instances where photos were mounted on wood and then covered with what appears to be epoxy. I tried this the other day but the epoxy developed a yellow tint as it cured. I am using West...
6
6

Engineer's square
How do the Groz engineer's squares measure up for setting up a TS, BS, etc? Rockler has them (set of 3) on sale for $29.99 instead of $39.99. I think the squares may also come in handy when installing...
111
111

Delta Bench Grinder
Is the following bench grinder one of the better choices for plane irons and miscellaneous use? I was concerned that it might not be slow enough. Should I be concerned, or just careful (cup of water...
11
11

Jawhorse.
Anybody tried one? It looks to be a knockoff of the Triton Superjaws without the $400.00 price tag.
19
19

Kudos to the Woodrat folks
I may have mentioned that I acquired a pre-owned Woodrat from CL. The previous owner advised that one of the cauls that hold the wood piece in place was defective and when it arrived I discovered that...
9
9

SOT: Spring for refinished chair
I have an antique office chair, all refinished. But I can't find a replacement spring for the rocker mechanism. It is very simple, just an extension spring about 5 inches long and 1 1/4 inch in...
6
6

OT: That was pretty bad.
Watched the AMA's tonight. With few exceptions, it was bad. Awful in fact. Where was (were) Kings Of Leon? Adam Lambert's song was pretty good, bound to be a hit, but the presentation was disgusting....
3
3

Early annual carving project
Because the kids & grandkids schedules, we had our annual carving project early. This Turky was road-killed and then apparently swallowed a ham and stuffing. All the clan contributed and it was great....
2
2