Subject Author Posted Replies

Adjustable Height Workbench
HI, I am new to this group and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Charlie and I live in Minnesota. A few years ago I got a backache because my workbench was too low for the work I was doing. If I...
47
47

Where do you buy shellac flakes?
Used the last bit of blonde shellac flakes and am looking to order some more. Searched on the net and found 3 major suppliers, but am wondering about prices. - $15.99 / lb. - $21.50 / lb. - $21.50 /...
15
15

coronada sailboat
Hello, Unfortunately for me, but lucky for you, I need to sell my lovely 27' Coronado sailboat. She's really a beautiful boat, with a VHF radio, stove, icebox, head, galley, can sleep 5, and lots...

New tool
So, Robin, whatcha got in store for us *this* year? jc

Help on some finish work?
Really like the look of these doors with the white trim... one here looks like the same house/trim too to figure out how to replicate this trim in my home. Only thing i'm not REAL crazy over is the...
22
22

Got a couple more finished!
I move like the glaciers, when it comes to my woodworking, but ... Finally finished 1) my his-and-hers, Mission-style, three-drawer night stands, out of African Mahogany. Watco Danish Oil -- Natural...
1
1

A machine question -- on topic!
My plywood cutting guide story. I needed a saw guide of some kind and asked the guy at my local lumber yard what he reccommended. He told me about a special order item that would work. I bought it and...
41
41

Time to split the group?
*applause!!!*
48
48

New Wiki article. a blue peter style project for you this time...
Found this on uk.d-i-y Peter = a loooong running kids show on UK tv http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Small_bookcaseBlue

Mitered Half-Laps
Just put this together: welcomed. http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.phpComments
52
52

O/T: Office Depot
From one of my sailing lists. It's a jungle out there. Lew ----------------------------------------------- I went to Office Depot to get my huge VA medical record copied. The record is almost two...
8
8

Sam Maloof Styled Rocker
Steve Turner wrote in news:hojtvq$p8t$1 Steve, Damn! Not only are the chairs a beautiful style, but the wood is gorgeous!! Wow!
14
14

45 degrees hinges
Hi all I have 2 doors left over from a project, with 35 mm (~1,5") holes for "eurohinges", center placed 24 mm from the edge (almost 1 inch) for a kitchen cupboard. I am planning on using them for a...
3
3

Hardwood Flooring
We don't know. Several hours, anyway. Discovered it at 6 am on a Monday morning. About 30 sq ft of 1.5" boards are seriously cupped. It's sure purty lookin' We're going to go get some paint chips this...
48
48

Polarization Rampant - Woodworking Topics - almost zilch
At least in the past, FLAME WARS were mainly woodworking related. But for the most part, name calling and such was kept to a minimum, and often valuable woodworking information was learned. Politics,...
20
20