Subject Author Posted Replies

Yogi Berra-isms
Whadda ya mean you want to go to Uncle Bobby's Steak House? That place is so busy, nobody goes there anymore.
15
15

The Perfect Screwdriver Rack (Long)
It's been years since I visited this group, but I found it again during a google search and looked in... Still a wonderful group! I decided to post a rather personal letter I wrote to my mother...
9
9

What is it? Weekend Edition 3
Below are some items that were sent in to me, I know the answer for number 11 but not for the other two. 10. This was found in a graveyard, it's about 3-1/4" long, it has three threaded compartments...
21
21

best finish with polyurethane
I'm painting a Formica table top with Ronseal ultra tough polyurethane with the *matt* finish . I'm using an old, but best quality bristle brush. I'm not the very worse at wielding a paint brush, but...
57
57

Gripper?
Not to mention that the markup on most stationary power tools is pretty low to start with.
139
139

Hinges Needed
I plan to build a cash box, bills only, using 1/4" plywood. I would like to hinge the lid and put some kind of latch on the front. What would anyone recommend? Security is not an issue as it can...
6
6

Gripe about sillycone toobs.
There was a time that one could use a part of a tube, then store it. When attempting to re-use, one could unscrew the tip, clear it out and use the rest of the tube. Now I can't even find a tube of...
25
25

Trip to Boston /Salem area
Am looking for woodworking stores such as Rocklers, Woodcraft around Boston /Salem area. I will spend my money on woodworking equipment while the wife does sewing. All suggestions greatly appreciated....
7
7

How much weight can a 3/4" of MDF support?
My son is starting his first year of college next week and he and his roommate have discovered the joys of Craig's List. They just HAD to have a TV but neither set of parents were willing to buy them...
25
25

table saw vac box
I have a 10" Ridgid tablesaw with a sawdust vacuum which catches most of the sawdust. However, some sawdust blows out the rear where the motor is. I saw an article where someone had built a box, which...
2
2

A neener and a tear
Just scored a set of 4 "Two Cherries" chisels at the local Ace Hardware. I didn't know anything about them but thought the price - about $40 - was cheap enough for the risk. Googled them when I got...
21
21

Federal lawsuit to protect woodworking
Monks of St. Joseph Abbey sue state of Louisiana for right to make caskets. Video Under Louisiana law, it is a crime for anyone but a licensed funeral director to sell "funeral merchandise," which...
12
12

Metal rods for filing cabinet?
I have a wooden filing cabinet with two drawers. All the removable rods that hold up the hanging files are the same length - about 14 inches. However, over the years, the wood seems to have worn away...
14
14

What happened to lumber imports?
The trees if allowed to grow that way - we had an 'orchard' next door to us - have thorns. Often in the wild and underbrush areas it makes a low tree/bush. With the thorns, not much wants to go...
23
23

What is it? Set 349
I'm sure I'm very wrong, but the thing sure looks animal related to me. A way to walk a bull or horse and have his undivided attention.
10
10