$49 Ryobi OS sander at the Borg

Okay. Looks like someone's speculation here was right. You apparently thought the original poster's comment about a "Ryobi OS sander" referred to a "Ryobi [Random] O[rbital] S[ander] sander" (otherwise known as a "Ryobi ROS"), while the rest of us thought he was referring to a "Ryobi O[scillating] S[pidle] sander", which is consistent with other posts on this topic.

Reply to
alexy

tiredofspam

Now,now, Charlie, you're talking about long term planning. Those MBAs can't see beyond the next quarter earnings and their related quarterly bonuses.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

[snip]

Similar story here but with a MUCH happier ending. Third BORG I hit had a single unit on display and marked down to $49.00. Clerk (cashier, actually) checked for me and could not find another. Their computer said they were out and none were expected.

No other area stores had one.

I asked to purchase the display model and asked her to get clearance to do it while I went back and double-checked the display. I found it complete and undamaged with the exception of no sanding drums (unit is supposed to come with 18 drums of various size and grit), no manual and no wrench. The inserts for the tabletop and all the rubber drums were there.

She gained approval to sell the display unit at an additional 10% discount but I, not wanting to have to spend ~$30 for the sandpaper cylinders, said I'd pay the full $49 if they would give me three packs of the sandpaper cylinders which they were selling for $9.88 each.

That was also approved but in order to register the sale and maintain inventory control, they could not just "give" me them but had to charge me a penny each.

Done deal! For $49.03 I got the same thing as the boxed version less a stamped wrench and owners manual. Color me happy.

Bob

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused