30" delta unifence

Guys, Can anyone give me the package dimensions of the 30" delta unifence (36-902). Just ordered one, I'm in the States next week but I'm a bit worried about getting it on the plane on the way home. regards, Neil
"Neil Cummins" writes

Rest easy, as long as you don't try to get it on as "carry on".
No, can't give you any dimensions, but it is not heavy, not large and from memory, will be in two (2) boxes.
Can't comment on any possible customs problems; however<G>.
HTH
Lew
I've taken skis and golf clubs with me in the past, don't think a 30" fence (no matter how inefficiently it's packaged) would be rejected.
Joe

fence
Depends. The new size limits are smaller than many golf clubs. Clubs are specifically mentioned at being OK by some airlines. The airlines would lose a lot of business if they charged extra for them.
Items that exceed 62" total length + height+ width Accepted with a fee Over 80" Not accepted
If you can get the package marked "wheelchair" you can bring it. Maybe you should add a mobile base? Ed
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

lose
I am always amazed at how ignored the published cabin baggage limitations are. On a recent transatlantic flight some folks got on the plane with more baggage than I checked.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 7/10/04
Swingman wrote:

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:41:11 GMT, Pat Barber

I've flown many, many times with rare guitars.
I check with the gate agent to put it in a cabin closet and have never been denied.
Barry
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Ask if Skis are acceptable to ship, then get a bag designed to carry skis. That makes it luggage, rather than freight. This from taking a ceiling fan to Hawaii from the mainland before they were readily available there. That flimsy nylon bag, regardless of what is in it, makes a difference in how they classify items. Of course with the new homeland insecurity act all bets may be off. Joe
Unless he's headed to the Andes, it might be hard to convince the airline he is really going skiing in July or August. :-)
Joe

"I'm going early for the pre season tailgate party":-) joe
Joe Tylicki wrote:

Delta does have a "contact us" section on their web page. They should be able to give you the dimensions. The rails are the longest part and in my case (Bies fence) it was in a separate carton from the fence itself. Be sure to check with your airlines size limits; they have become somewhat restrictive. Ed.
I just got back from Jamaica and while down there bought a big carving. Almost 7' tall and about 12" diamater of a parrot on a branch. They packaged it up in newspaper and wrapped cardboard around it and used packing tape. They even created a handle for it out of tape and cardboard, and the handle made it almost home bfore it broke. The airline in Jamaica didn't even bat an eye when they saw it. Came through customs and they never even looked at it. Checked it back on for my second leg of the flight and no problmes. This thing must have weighed in excess of 80 pounds and there was no additional charge.

I just put together my Unifence. The box with the fence in it was about 42" long by 12" wide by 8" high. The rail comes seperate.
Brian Elfert