Subject Author Posted Replies

What is it? Set 503
Hopefully this won't be a double post but I'm not seeing the one I made two hours ago. This week's set has been posted: Rob
22
22

Wood filler
I inset some screws to install some door molding (base) and wish to fill the holes with something that is non-caustic as possible. I will paint (Zinsser 123) over it. At least one product I looked at...
20
20

The shop dummy strikes again...
28
28

Filling in scratches after stain and lacquer
Hi all. Rookie woodworker here with a rookie mistake. After gluing and bisc uiting my first table top, I had a few seams that were not flush (kinda far off). I used 40 grit sandpaper to sand down the...
7
7

Japanese saw with improved grip
The proper grip technique for a Japanese saw is with your pointing finger o ver the top of the blade. This will reduce slipping of your grip, help with guidance and also adds some slight down pressure...
6
6

pilot hole
To mount a pull on a drawer front I drilled the two holes, then realized that the material thickness was slightly greater than the length of the machine screw, so a counter bore was required. Didn't...
3
3

3M Paint And Varnish Removal Discs
Hi, 3M produces a series of paint, varnish, and rust removal discs. Which model would be best for removing paint and stain from wood moldings? The moldings are exterior so the finish needed be left...

Bench IV
Very nice bench! But isn't walnut a bit soft for a workbench? I must admit, my bench is Doug Fir, which is also a bit soft for a workbench, but the top is recycled 6"-thick glue-lams that I got for...
11
11

Old Craftsman Radial Arm Saw
Any worthy motor shop can make it good again.
18
18

Sketchup Question
Perhaps a bit shorter, and choose "Personal Projects" and ckeck "I agree to SketchUp Make's license agreement" Do you like tinkering around with new software? Make your ideas come to life. Download a...
28
28

shrinkage?
I recently noticed that the doors on a pine bookshelf, a gift to me, bought at a certain BigBox store, do not meet. the gap is now at least 1/3 of an inch. Can the wood shrink that much?
6
6

Kreg K5 PH jig.
Looks like an older design brought back to life and improved. Front lever clamp. http://www.kregtool.com/Kreg-Jig-K5-Prodview.html?source=1053

Free "Build an Heirloom Rocking Horse" book
Over the past few weeks I have revised and updated my free book, Build an H eirloom Rocking Horse. It describes how to build a simple, clean lined, inc redibly strong steed. New revisions mean more...

My sears radial arm saw motor won't turn over when I turn it on.
I replaced the capacitor but like before the motor just hums and then trips the circuit breaker. What else could it be. It did this earlier and I cleaned off the contacts on the original capacitor and...
9
9

sealer effect on glue surfaces
I usually use sanding sealer on red oak surfaces to seal the pores before staining/finishing but after assembly. I have an application that I would like to seal BEFORE assembly. Must I keep sealer off...
2
2