Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Two good ole' boys just wanting to catch a few fish!!!
There's stupid and then there's these guys... http://dragonlaffs.files.wordpress.com/2013/03/14.gif
3
3

Old Craftsman 12" band saws
They're everywhere, popping up on craigslist all the time. Question is, can they be tuned up to be decent band saws. I've only looked at one and it shook like Elvis on speed.
5
5

Bending 1/2" redwood
---------------------------------------------------------------------- My gut tells me that patience is a virtue when steam bending. Rather than an hour, try 5-6 hours, especially when working with...
19
19

Delta 50-345 Universal Mobile Base for a unisaw
I had one of these under my craftsman saw, do you think it is a good choice adapted for the unisaw? Remember when harbor freight had a clone of these, good price, all you had to do was use better...
22
22

Making your own router plate
What kind of material do you prefer? 1/4 inch MDF, polycarbonate, some type of sheet metal? Thanks.
23
23

What is it? Set 510
I need some help with 2971 and 2976 in this set: The larger images can also be seen here: Rob
26
26

OT what is it Lee Valley version
Hi all ; Lee Valley 's e-newsletter usually contains a " What Is It ? " .. often contributed by D. S. Orr. .... some are almost as intriquing as the ones posted here . :-) I never saw or heard of...

G&G Dartboard Cabinet
My latest project. A G&G inspired dartboard cabinet from cherry. A fun build. Pics:(all the way at the bottom 4-images) Build Video part 1 part 2 part 3
7
7

OT - this group is alone
I read about 10 different newsgroups. With the proliferation of other online sources and the dropping of Usenet by several providers, the traffic in my newsgroups has been slowly going away. For the...
33
33

Feedback and Further Update
Two-three years ago, we discussed clear coats for outdoor furniture. It wa s proffered whether the base, for oil base house paint, was good or better than dedicated marine or other clear coats. The...
9
9

OT -- drywall repair
Any reason not to use my ROS to smooth out the joint compound on a small -- 12x10 -- drywall repair?
20
20

Finish Sprayer Gun Problem
I have this 20-25 yr old Craftsman finish sprayer.... rst=&shdMod= .... that is "spitting" or skipping, as it sprays, leaving small gaps in my application, as I spray. I'm having to make double...

Need a new drill/driver
My 30 year old B & D Industrial drill and driver is getting flaky and I'm looking for recommendations for a replacement. I prefer... corded 3/8 VSR (variable speed reversible) clutch By "clutch" I...
10
10

SU "Trick of the day"
I taught myself this little trick today. I have already used it a second time--so now it's a "technique" (which I like): Put a "dimension" label on an edge of a side before you push or pull a face,...
1
1

Shed foundation redux
First off, thanks to all who posted responses to my original post about a s hed foundation. After several weeks, I'm just about done. My biggest problem was my sloping property. I worked with the guy...
2
2