220 Question

Page 2 of 2

The "code checkers" considered it a garage since it is detached and I have two large garage doors in the building. Thus, the requirement. If the shop had been attached to the house and not had any garage doors, it probably would not have been required.

And even then - our inspection says "reason applies". Only if the 110/115/120V receptacle is in a place where some poor unthinking soul might plug in their weedwhacker, need they be GFCI.
The 110/115/120V's on the ceiling, for the garage door openers need not be...

Are you sure you don't mean #10 wire for a 30 amp breaker?
Dave
My mistake. #10 wire is correct for 30 amp breaker. Thanks.