Subject Author Posted Replies

DIY Fishtail chisel
I made my own today and saved $75.00 Here's how I did it: (this isn't an invitation to start a "you don't need a fishtail chisel" debate) DIY Fishtail Chisel « Garage Blog

Fence Gate
My aunt has a wooden gate on a wooden fence about 4-5' wide. It's dragging on the ground and the pickets are coming off. I can cut off a couple of inches from the pickets so it won't drag any longer,...
10
10

Hanging a deck
My son has asked me to help him erect an elevated deck on the new cabin he' s having built. The cabin will be on a concrete block base, elevated a cou ple feet above ground level. My instinct is to...
16
16

The True Position Drill Guide
Ok, a follow up on this jig that I bought a few weeks ago. I finally got to use this jig in the lone boring capacity to bore shelf pin holes. Unlike the Rockler jig that uses the spring loaded "Vix"...
6
6

Deck Cleaning Los Altos Hills
Exterior wood is subject to break from the weather. The constant cycle of wetness and sun drying can cause deck boards to warp, check, cup and splinter. It's essential not solely to undertake...

RE: Video: Bevel-Cutting Router Jig
A few weeks ago, some one was looking for a way to cut a bevel using a router. This isn't exactly what will do that job but it might jiggle the old thought process. Lew
2
2

another Comcvast vent
Last evening, one of my neighbor's pine trees shed a large branch which ripped the Comcast cable off the wall of our house. Still works, but it's laying on the ground. So this morning I called...
20
20

How to make a stencil kit in software for a wooden 3-foot long bathroom pass for San Jose schools
nestork wrote, on Thu, 11 Sep 2014 16:44:21 +0200: I initially had the same concerns. I was told, by the teacher, that some of the other teachers actually give them a bathroom plunger (the real...
21
21

Trimming out doors and windows
I am trying to trim out the doors in a style from earlier times. I use pli nth blocks (5 quarter by 4 about 7" tall), vertical columns (1x4) with flut es, and corner blocks ( 5 quarter 4x4 with daisy...
2
2

Re: Bringing used Wowing machines across border - OOPS. Pressed "send prematurely
Haven't been back except to Put-in for many years. It is growing, too. I guess we never went up against each other, but it is interesting that we have somewhat common background on the lake. I used to...
1
1

More about Gel Stain
I bought a can of General Finishes "Candelite" Gel Stain. There was a sample, on oak, in the store. I'm using red oak. I applied the stain to a test piece. The color - BEFORE wiping off the "excess" -...
22
22

Where can I get a sheet of Melamine cut down to a specific size, to be used for a desktop?
Hello All. Well the subject line pretty much says it all- where can I get a sheet of Melamine cut down to a specific size? What I am looking to do is cut down a sheet of Melamine to be used as...
8
8

RE: To Our Viewers In THe West
Good morninig. Also every body else. Lew
4
4

G&G Desk Build Part 4
I finished the drawers! Yay!

Bringing used WWing machines across border
So I'm thinking of bidding on some used machinery in Canada, and was wondering what I need to declare when I come back across the border? Does anyone know the fees? I'm having little luck with google...
28
28