Subject Author Posted Replies

Finger prints appear after staining
I am in the process of replacing a couple interior hollow core doors. After cutting to the proper length, drilling the lockset holes, cutting the hinge mortises and light sanding I was ready to stain...
10
10

cafe doors
I'm planning on making a pair of cafe doors and want to use the standard pivot hinges for them; by "standard" I mean those with a sloped and notched nylon block at the bottom...the notch holds them...
9
9

Record planes
I have three Record planes that have never been used and I would like to sell them. An 03, an 06 and an 07. Still in original boxes. Was wondering about price, suggestions? Max
6
6

What is it? Set 556
Welcome back! 3242: looks like it's intended to rub around a cylinder and cut an inner surface, not too deeply. A keg-end prep tool, to make a snug fitting circle so all the brandy doesn't fall out?
7
7

Soboco Veneers
Went by the local Woodcraft and found they had a lot of stuff on clearance sale at 60% off (including Olson bandsaw blades). I purchased a package of "Soboco Veneers" European beech. Looks great and...
2
2

Gun/China Cabinet is Assembled - Pics
The "light colored" pics were taken with the camera. The "dark colored" pics were taken with the phone. I still need to make the drawer handles, probably from coiled copper tubing. For demo, the only...
6
6

woodworker II blade sharpening
I just had a rough time ripping a birch board using my Woodworker II blade. The board had been straight line ripped at the mill and seemed to be ok. The blade was recently sharpened by Forrest (3rd...
14
14

OT - Women's World Cup Soccer
Semi-Finals: The US women play Germany on Tuesday, June 30th @ 7PM EST and will be aired on FOX network. Germany and the US are ranked 1 & 2, resp., so it aught to be a good match. Japan and England...
2
2

Router table tenon sled with dust collection
... sort of. (1:45 long) After cutting 2 tenons I had made an impressive amount of dust. I stopped to vacuum some of it away with a mini shop vac. It struck me that since the sled already had a...

Info - HF CAS SHLV Gun
I have used them quite a bit. for 9 throw them away after a while. I will recommend this gun over the $9. It's got a much finer spray. The nozzle is so much more refined as far as air holes go. For...
3
3

Live Edge Treatment
Have the possibility/opportunity to pick up a live edge slab of cherry. My general experience is that bark generally comes off wood as it ages. I was wondering how one would treat a live edge for...
8
8

Wood Plane Questions
I have a wooden plane, with an angled body. (I'm not sure of the exact name.) It uses a wedge and blade with cap iron. The wedge is supported by the outsides of the body. The wedge is similar to this...
10
10

The shed wall
Behind my garage there is an attached shed. I opened the (plywood) doors a while back and they came off in my hand. Last weekend I planned on fixing them but . . . Turns out the reason they came off...
34
34

Dewalt dwe 6005 laminate trimmer
I have been searching the web for a bush guide for a dewalt dwe 6005 lamina te trimmer, but have not had any luck. The dewalt website is pretty vague t o say the least, and I have seen a tool stop...
2
2

stand up desk
stand up desks are popular now for some i have heard it said that sitting is the new smoking i am not sure what the new drinking is though has anyone made a stand up work desk i haven't even looked at...
39
39