Subject Author Posted Replies

Sealer on top of minwax stain?
My son and I made a skateboard ramp from 2x4s and cheap plywood. It will be stored outside and needs to survive for 2-3 years. This is definitely a "cheap" product, I just do not want it to rot or...
6
6

OT: Backup Software
I'm looking at using Syncbackfree to backup a Windows 7 Home Premium box to a NAS. I was just curious if anyone has used that software or had a favorite alternative? This is for a non-technical family...
22
22

'Paper Cut' taken to a whole new level
What can a 10" disk of spinning papaer cut? ... "Kind of gives a new meaning to thin kerf blade!" Thought I'd give this a try, just to see what would happen. Kind of gives a new meaning to thin kerf...
17
17

Handheld CNC
Anyone see this yet? Shaper Origin is the world's first handheld CNC machine. Learn more at https://shapertools.com At Shaper, we're fusing computers with handheld tools to simplify the process of...
30
30

Spray Gun
After buying a Duralast 2 gun set (from Autozone), the instructions state t he guns are to be used for oil based paints, not thin applications, so I se arched again. Another thing I discovered, didn't...
6
6

Shop Vac Switch not working.
The switch in my shop vac is a DPST switch, when I test it with a continuity tester only one side is making a connection. I don't know a lot about switches but i am assuming both sides should have a...
18
18

Combustible Wood Dust Explosions
It's a WorkSafeBC video... yeah it's Canadian, but the process is universal! ;~) Combustible wood dust refers to the fine, dry wood particles that are a by-product of milling wood. This animated video...
10
10

Tung Oil?
Anyone familiar with this Tung Oil? It is supposed to be pure Tung Oil and Green Reports recommended... Tung oil has been recognized for centuries as the finest of oil finishes. It produces a tough,...
17
17

Job Completed
Finally! I started this job about 8 weeks ago with the customer understanding that I do not put in full time days in mid 90's heat. We delivered the 14 separate pieces of the bed in two trips on...
31
31

anti noise built in
any tools have anti noise built in to the tool this would be the best thing and the best place to do it with compute tech so cheap if it is not available now i would guess it is not far away my planer...
7
7

Gluing chair legs
I've heard a lot different things about this: yellow glue, epoxy, gorilla g lue, and so on. I also heard some good things about a really good woodworke r's hot glue gun. What's the final word on this?...
6
6

A bit OT but something most of us have in our shops.
I have not really noticed another new, country of origin, playing a major roll in things we buy for our shops but Vietnam is here and from what I see the quality is pretty good, maybe pretty darn...
68
68

Copy of letter sent to Remodeling Contractor
Hi Al, Thank you for your truly eye opening information regarding the quote request, and your attached remodeling cost averages pdf. I had a contractor friend back east suggest when I first mentioned...
27
27

linoleum on wood
pondering removal of some linoleum over wood not sure what kind of damage the wood will suffer but i suspect that there will be some tear out in those place where the glue adheres more to the linoleum...
9
9

Now, maybe I have seen everything.
...but did you get the reference? That's the important part.
20
20