Subject Author Posted Replies

Another band saw question
I've read the comments about silver solder and brazing band saw blades (I would like to do my own). What about re-hardening the metal after the brazing process? Is it necessary? Max

Tool Sharpener
I'm getting ready to start a tool sharpening biz. I'd really appreciate any input on which sharpening machines are the best. So far Foley-Belsaw is the only one that I have found that I could afford.

Hand Saw selection
I'm primarily a power tool user, but am becoming more interested in hand tools. I had a pull saw that I picked up from HD last year, but some the teeth sheared off, and I didn't replace the blade. I'm...
13
13

OT: Cleaning UPS Tape glue...?
Howdy, I managed to get a tool gummed up with the glue from clear packing tape (UPS Tape). I've tried the common solvents I have around the shop, but to no avail. Any ideas for cleaning this stuff off...
12
12

Axminster Woodturning jaws.
I've had an axminster clubman chuck for a year or so and have only used it with the type C jaws. er, this is my first bash with an expanding chuck in case you can't guess from the rest of the post....
1
1

Ammonia Fuming Technique
I'm starting to experiment with fuming qtr sawn white oak. The articles say you need the commercial 25% ammonia but I've also heard that household ammonia will also work. What I'd like to know if...
11
11

OT: Took a break from WW - Now starting kitchen
Hello boys, I'm back. I took a break from sawdust for a while. Went on vacation in Hawaii, visited friends and family and did some amazing diving. While on Kauai, I saw some wood the locals called.......
6
6

Who makes J.E. Moser's finishing products sold at woodworker.com ?
Does anyone know who actually makes J.E. Moser's finishing products? I would be pressed to imagine that a cataolg sales company actually makes it. I happen to like some of these products and was...
10
10

Bandsaw Blade Tension help??
Howdy, I need some help with a bandsaw I just purchased. I needed a small bandsaw for some hobby work I do and bought the 10" Craftsman bandsaw. Problem is that the instructions don't tell you how to...
10
10

What is it? CXLVII
841- 3/8-16(tpi) center-indicating screws for transferring the center of a screw-hole to another part. The large item is both a holder and driver. 842- the markings on it indicate its used on a plane...
16
16

OT: Internet call for Swingman
> If you don't save me those poor > sausages could be heading for a more traditional German fare of boiled > cabbage/greens with bacon and caraway soup. OK, ya got me. Fried cabbage with crisp bacon...
26
26

quiet nail gun compressor?
Hi- I searched through this group and read about quiet airbrush compressors and medical compressors that are quiet, and I wonder if there have been any updates for nail guns - I hoped to get a nail...
20
20

Small band saw
Have a 14" BS, but SWMBO would like to make another doll house. Looked at Delta SM400, a 9". $100 @ Amazon. Only one review at Amazon, and negative at that. Anyone have any input on this saw? Or...
8
8

Router and Table
I would spend the entire $300 range budget on the router and make my own router table. My router:(more than enough power to spin the large bits) you have a table saw you can usually build an extension...
10
10

Dumb Lathe Question...
You could for cylinders. It's hard to use the metal lathe to cut curves (o.e. bowls). There are toolrests (for the 7x12) and you can get a ball turning attachment for a metal lathe. But this takes...
26
26