Subject Author Posted Replies

How could I have done the curved edging on this book case better
I recently completed a bookcase made out of birch and stained with cherry to match some existing furniture in one of my daughter's rooms at her house. I got a lot of help from this group on how to...
5
5

One more Amazon Bargin
Delta 14-651 Professional 1/2 Horsepower Bench Mortising Machine $249 -50 rebate -25 promotion code DECOFFER ----- $174 Final Price + Free Shipping
2
2

Another Amazon Bargin
Delta 36-514 6" Carbide Tipped Adjustable Dado Blade $6.99
2
2

resawing problems
I own a grizzly "ultimate" 14" bandsaw, and have tried on a few ocassions to resaw with terrible success. I've tried with and without fence. Last night I tried to resaw a 5 1/2 wide piece of Walnut....
34
34

Advice buying bubble level
I need to buy a new 4 foot carpenter's level (NEVER LEND TOOLS!!! ) Went to HD & Lowes and both the Stanley and Johnson levels have non-adjustable bubbles. Checked them all, and only found one out of...
8
8

scroll saw collapsible basket advice
Hey All, When you cut a spiral in a board to make a collapsible basket, what is the preferred angle of cut to allow the edges to wedge together? Thanks in addvance, Marc

Milwaukee drill chuck removal
This is not the first chuck I've replaced, but last time there was a spindle lock which made life easier. The screw is out but I'm having no joy with smacking the allan wrench, but I haven't gone to...
1
1

Performax deals?
Has anyone heard of any Performax (Jet / Powermatic / WMH) deals or rebates? I really want a Performax 22/44, and was hoping something's out there...
3
3

OT Ping Tom Watson.
Here's one for ya: one-and-a-half large lying around? r http://tinyurl.com/uhwy8Got
3
3

small box bottoms
I am in the planing stage of making a small letter box. I want to use through dovetails(something I have not done before, always half-blind), and I am wondering how one attaches a bottom the the box....
15
15

SURVEY: Material stops, push feeders and measuring machines on your saws
Fellow lurkers/posters, I'm hoping to get a little constructive feedback on our new product line via a survey. It's an HTML survey with 12 questions, should take about 5 minutes of your time. In...
17
17

Can anybody tell me the name of this type of latch?
It is on a wall clock. The door has small brass peg sticking out that fits in a receiving brass hole in the frame with very light friction so that it stays closed, but little force is needed to open...
3
3

Advice on plywood tearout...
Can you guys give me some advice on how to best avoid tearout on edges of hardwood ply. Blade recommendations (circular saw), technique, tricks, etc. Thanks! Sorry for all the noob questions lately!...
12
12

deal on a mortising machine
If anyone's been looking for a mortising machine, or has some Christmas money on the way, Amazon has a great deal on the Delta 14-651 mortiser. 't comment on its performance as mine hasn't arrived...
4
4

Today's thought
Router bits don't last forever, so don't try to keep them forever.
13
13