12" SCMS Dust Collection

I have a 12" Dewalt sliding compound miter saw that I need to design a better hook up to my dust collection system. Currently the saw is used on a contractors jobsite style stand but I am in the process of designing a dedicated bench for it. One of the top requirement for the workstation is effective dust collection. The saw is the number one dust/chip collection problem in my current shop. I have a 2.5 Hp. dust collector that is plenty powerful, I am just having a hard time directing the chips to the collector.
I have read many of the workshop design books but I do not recall seeing dust collection for a large sliding miter saw. Does anyone have a design that is effective and that they would share?
Thanks, Bob McBreen
I used a Toro Lawn leaf vacuum blower for my thickness planer. It does a great job and cheap $58.
Walter H. Klaus

plenty
collector.

OK, I'll bite. What does using a Toro blower/vac on a thickness planer have to do with collecting dust/chips from my SCMS with a 2.5 Hp. dust collector?
RWM wrote:

There are plans for dust hoods here: http://cnets.net/~eclectic/woodworking/cyclone /
-- Mark
Just remembered this link. Scroll to the bottom.
http://www.bburke.com/wood/jigsandtools.html
-- Mark

Thanks Mark.

Looks like overkill. Hook hose to bag port, smaller hopper shaped collector, not so tall or wide works well.
--
Jim in NC

Bob -
I have a 12" SCMS, and yes, they sure spew. One of the best and cheapest designs I've seen was in one of the WW mags.... Essentially, you build a frame out of PVC pipe and elbows to hold open a BIG plastic garbage bag behind the business end of the chop saw. The design mimics some of the wooden catch-alls shown in the links on these other posts and it seems like it would work purdy darn well. The bag is opened enough to catch dust when you're making miter cuts to either side.
I have a Bosch unit and love it... I've only had it a bit more than a month and was surprised as hell last week when I actually found some sawdust in the dustbag! Who knew??
Anyway, hope this helps - I've had the DW that you've got and I loved it too!
John Moorhead Lakeport, CA