12" chicago sliding mitre saw dust collection part 2

Well, I purchased a Nuvac input hose to connect the outlet chute from the saw to the vacuum cleaner. By a stroke of luck, I found that the Nuvac hose internal connections were designed to mate with about a 47mm id cylinder. So by taking the output threaded end of the hose apart and discarding the screw collar, the tabbed hose retainer would fit inside my 50mm od tubing. I needed to cut a couple of slots 6mm from the end of the collection tube to use the Nuvac flexi retainer collar and it all connected perfectly. The other end of the Nuvac hose had a nozzle id which accepted the end of the vacuum cleaner hose as a push fit, so my luck was really in. The Nuvac hose movement at the ends of the hose is normally internally limited by a plate, which the end of the flexi butts up against. I intended to add a piece of wire across the diameter of the tube to limit the hose movement, but discovered that the fixing screws for the wooden offset guides performed this function perfectly! The dust collection now is in the region of >95%, so the problem of dust collection is solved. I'll try introducing a Lidl ash collector when they next become available to reduce the loading on the vacuum cleaner.

Reply to
Capitol

I got one of those workshop vacs with an appliance triggered socket. Wasn't that cheap (about £40 from Aldi ISTR), works very well.

Reply to
RJH