Subject Author Posted Replies

How not to start your saw
guy has an olf Craftsman saw with a bad starter cap. Watch him flirt with disaster as he starts it.
27
27

Companion Dovetail Jig. anyone build this?
have info about this? Purchased the plans or built it? Don't really need one but I do love a nice jig and some day I will be finished with this everlasting gobstopper of a kitchen redo. Mike
2
2

Finger jointed crown with primer question
Using white crown as part of a mantle and was surprised to find a piece of bare wood glued with TBII to it was amazingly strong. Amazingly should be replaced with pleasantly. Other experiences?
1
1

Slab cabinet doors without battens?
I'm building some cabinets which need large slab hickory doors. I'm matching some existing cabinets so I must use the slab design. I know about the problems associated with expansion, distortion, etc....
3
3

Table stretcher
I'm going to try a different design of the sofa tables I've been making that will be a bit long and wider than the ones I'm making now. I've never needed nor attempted stretchers before and was...
1
1

Harbor Freight bandsaw
I sent for the portable bandsaw mail order from HF. The variable speed motor is OK , but the guide rollers aren't placed proper & let the blade dig into the housing. My advice = spend more money for a...
3
3

re: asian gate
till not sure what type of gate you are looking for, went thru my Japan pictures, didn't really have any good pictures of garden gates. Lots of temple and castle gates, but not garden. This is what I...

New outfeed/side feed tables
Just posted some pics of this weeks projects at APBW. Highly recommend adding the side feed helper if your jointer is alongside your table saw. --dave
2
2

Wooden Sign HELP
I own a motorcycle/ATV business and I just painted up a new plywood sign with Rustoleum paint . Now, I want it to stay looking nice for as long as possible. What type of clear coating do I need to put...
6
6

Harbor Freight 6" jointer
I know that Harbor Freight is considered at ground zero for most if not all of there power tools, and most everything else. However I was wondering about the 6" jointer. They are on sale at the local...
23
23

Best tool for leveling uneven glue joints?
Assume the panel has been milled to final thickness, but in the middle there's a little dip at one of the glue joints, leaving a 1/16" ridge about a foot long. Wood is white oak. Ignoring sandpaper,...
13
13

collapsable poly and pvc paint booth. where did I see it?
A while back I saw a smallish portable paint booth online. Believe it was made from pvc pipe and clear plastic polyvinyl for covering. Use velcro to close a simple door. The word "Zip" was in the...
5
5

Delta X unisaw repair problems
Anybody out there have a clue how to repair / fix the locking handle on the blade height and angle adjustment wheels on the Unisaw? This is a new saw with only a few hours on it and the screw-in...
4
4

TV Tray on Steriods report
At present I am building my wife a TV tray but bigger for her to use with her Laptop computer. http://home.mchsi.com/~xphome/Laptop/dryfit.htmlMarkhttp://home.mchsi.com/~xphome/
4
4

How I store my air tools.
I have a bunch of air tools from framing nailer, 2 finish nailers, and a bunch of others including 2 sprayers and a sander. I decided to mount them on the wall because it looks cool to me. I got a...
4
4