Subject Author Posted Replies

Free online TV
is damn cool. At the bottom in the middle you'll see a drop-down list saying Genre. Choose which genre you want like Sport, News, Music etc and once that's loaded you'll see a drop-down list on the...

Shop Vac research
My old noisy shop vac is dying (good riddance) so I'm in the market for a replacement. Also looking to take a step up in a number of categories. I was going to ask people's opinion here, but I had...
6
6

Screws for attaching 100 lb slides to melamine
Hi! I have some coarse thread #8x5/8 screws I was planning to use to fasten the drawer slides in my new melamine cabinets. After working with the melamine for a while, I have become concerned that the...
13
13

stain for cedar chest?
Plenty of antique furniture has a finish (typically linseed oil based I think) that has gone black and looks like crap. Sometimes careful refinishing will reveal burl or curly figure with a gorgeous...
6
6

I think I'll call it "Patches"
TYVM
10
10

RE: The Best Laid Plans...............
You can't win. In hopes of saving some energy this year, DST started Sunday. Sunday it was 92F here in SoCal, today it was 91F. The DWP announced they produced 4,250 megawatts of power today which is...

Messages and replies not reliably posting when using Google Groups
All kinds of messages missing from Google's version of rec.woodworking
8
8

REVIEW - Kreg R3 Pocket Hole Jig - www.onlinetoolreviews.com
Hi all, Have just posted a full review of the Kreg R3 Pocket Hole Jig. You can view the review online now at Hope it helps! Circular Saw Buyer's Guide Buyer's Guide When most people think of power...

Shadow Box Angles
Dear All: I have been making shadow box frames here and there for roughly 20 years. I developed some equations for making shadow frames for any number of sides and any number of angles and they are as...

Porter-cable belt sander
Has anyone any feedback on the new porter cable 371K belt sander that uses the 21/2" X 14" belt? A local store has them for $99.00 this week. Just another new toy the wife will say!! But you can't...
3
3

PSI DC1B-XL dust collectors
I'm looking for a DC unit with a 1 micron filter and have a few questions about these Penn State Industries units.. There's only a $70 difference between the 'standard' model and the canister version....

Exemplary customer service - Nails for 23 ga. pin nailer - Funny, too.
Yeah, it was a rude response, but at the volume he does, do you really expect him to be worried about losing a $68 sale? Your email had a hostile tone about it, and was accusing him of basically being...
23
23

Question about transferring an image onto wood
I have a 16 x 4 1/2 inch piece of birch wood. I have an ornate design/ logo that I would like transferred to it. Kind of like a skateboard graphic. What would be the best way to achieve this?
5
5

Jet Sharpener
Got mine up and running today. I have done 4 chisles and 3 plane irons. Nice edge, gota be careful on the angle, if your off, u got a razor instead of a plane. Still working out how to use it on a...

Shop floor: concrete or wood?
I recently posted a question about building a shop on a slight slope. This begs the question of flooring. Using a joist floor is simple on a slope whereas a concrete floor will last longer. So, if you...
18
18