Subject Author Posted Replies

steam bending/wagon wheel
The ideal wood is hickory and it is a long process. In the UK ash is the preferred wood, but the US species has little in common other than it burns with a bright flame when green You have to have a...
5
5

DREMEL Moto-Tool 395 Instructions
I have this tool and accessories. Would like to know if someone out there can help me out with its operation, as I don't have the instructions manual, though I have a request in to Dremel. I do have...
1
1

ROS to etch glass?
Anyone have any luck using a random orbital sander to etch glass? If so, what kind of paper would be best and which grit? This glass is to go into my new kitchen cabinet divided light doors as the...
12
12

louvered shutters - dipping
hello, i repainting my antique shotgun home (new orleans) & its shutters. the shutters are of the louvered variety. from my research, it seems that having them dipped may be the best way to go. there...
2
2

Re: Design Advice Sought
Sigh. I thought that my question was actually fairly simple. Where would one start looking for design ideas on aspects of this that are related to woodworking? Or elsewhere. I have a not-small pile of...
5
5

HD-DVD key
When DVD Jon published an exploit for the DVD Content Scrambling System (CSS), the media companies designed an advanced mechanism for the next generation of high-definition DVDS (HD-DVD and BlueRay)....
4
4

TOOLS
DRILL PRESS: A tall upright machine useful for suddenly snatching flat metal bar stock out of your hands so that it smacks you in the knuckles and flings your beer across the room, splattering it...
1
1

Stripped threads on tablesaw arbor bolt holes. Repair how?
This is one reason I've always been a big fan of studs vs. bolts .. .. screw in a stud with Lock-tite and it's there forever. Cast iron tends to shed it's threads if over-torqued a few times. That...
23
23

First Look at the WorkSharp Machine
I'm a sucker for gadgets so I had to try one. It arrived yesterday and I set it up this AM before work and gave it a few runs. Comments: 1. It's small, doesn't need much room to use or store. 2. Set...
1
1

Well everthing just went on hold
Congrats on the new shop! An important milestone to the sanity of some of us is a place to go be alone with the sawdust on occasion. Looks like you will have a lot of work space, too. And just think...
19
19

Bean Bag Game Supplier in China
We are the specialized factory that manufactorys the bean bag toss games in China. Now we usually offer them to NFL/MLB/NCAA. We could produce this game as the plans of the customers.We ship about...
2
2

Teak Oil recommendation
Why do you want to put teak oil on your table. Is it for cosmetic reasons or is it because you want to stop the wood from deteriorating. If for the second reason, it would be a waste of effort because...
13
13

Repairing split table-top
1 in wide crack? Come on, that can't be right... If somehow it really is 1 in wide you need to rip & joint into two pieces and re-glue or put carboard under the crack and fill the crack with some type...
6
6

Forrest Blades
carries Forrest blades and about every other month or so they have some type of discount. I bought the last one for $82.00 and free shipping. Ronnie
19
19

INTERESTING - Plywood-Size Trascing Paper - Reusable
Scroll down a few lines. Price aside, I can't see myself using any. I'd either prefer freehand sketching, or maybe a pantograph. I've tried carbon paer on small projecs and it usually hasn't turned...