Subject Author Posted Replies

New Box
I play around in my little shed and sometimes things come forth. top is sycamore, the dark bits are utili and the panels are end- grain birch. I was so-o-o-o-o-o-o tempted to try a thatched top!...
7
7

G. I. Mix & CO chisels
Anybody ever used chisels made by G. I. Mix & CO? Am thinking about purchasing some and wanted some input as to how well they held up. Thanks Ben
1
1

Finishing interior surfaces of kitchen cabinets
I'm slowly getting myself convinced that I can tackle a set of kitchen cabinets. My basic construction skills are pretty much there, but I'm no where regarding finishing. I bought a book but it only...
7
7

Bench design with woodworking and engineer's vices (vises)
OK, so I've been using an old kitchen unit (from our first house), with a sheet of hardboard screwed to the top, for a bench for 30 years: it's about time I permitted myself a "proper" one. I'm...
16
16

3 axis router
Well finally finished my router mosytley made from HD and Lowes supplies . some pictures on the apdw .
6
6

Kickback from hell
http://www.wimp.com/penetrated/
2
2

Corrosion blocking on tools
I want to stop corrosion problems on my tools without the use of an oil based product. I am in th United Kingdom and seem to remember a small tin with a magnet on the back which when the tin was...
17
17

another question about your technique
Hello All, (No company plugs here, just providing links for detail clarification) I am ready to finish shaping the posts for my cherry bed and was looking through catalogs and plans at the selection...
14
14

OT: Mayweather for the win in the 3rd
Whathehay...been wrong before...that kid is q u i c k.
5
5

Norm's show on the bowfront chest
I was paying special attention to the part of Norm's show on the bowfront chest where he laminated the curved fronts of the drawers in the chest having not done to well in a similar lamination project...
11
11

Good Deal on Wood in the Chicago Area
If you are within a decent drive of Des Plaines IL 60018, check out this Craigs Listing: already put in my order, you pay when you pick it up. The guy answers emails failry quick and the prices look...
1
1

Butt Joint strength
The project I'm working on requires a butt joint that will undergo a little stress. I'm obviously going the glue the length of the joint, but I'd like to reinforce it with a)screws, b)dowels, or...
16
16

Home built CNC router
Building my own CNC router was a good learning experience.
2
2

Early Furniture Desgning
Yesterday I notice the bookcase I'd made n high school. Dusty, but just as solid as the day it was finished. I guess you could say this is a tale of how it was done. This has strung out longer than I...
4
4

New Delta mortiser on the way,great price
Just ordered a new Delta mortiser from Amazon for $163.00 after $30.00 discount,10% off special discount(emailed), $50.00 rebate and free s/h. All in All shaved off $100.00 I quess that's a good deal....
1
1