Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - Lee Valley Parking Problem Solved
Rob anticipates no space problems, ever. JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations? - Peter Egan http://www.uni.uiuc.edu/library/blog/blog_images/cars.jpg
5

Queen's Windsor Chair at Jamestown
According to MSNBC: At a ceremony in the brick church at Jamestown, built in 1907 near the original church frame dating to 1617, the queen presented a handmade, elaborately carved Windsor chair as a...
16
16

Outdoor furniture feet
Good question - smart to think about this at the design stage rather than a couple years down the road. A few ideas (I haven't tried them, just some thoughts...) You could include wood "feet" of some...
7
7

Somewhat OT - metal roofs
I've been posting update to ABPW on my "baby barn" timberframe project. I'm inclined to go with a metal roof and I'm looking for some opinions the various technoligies. stuff looks pretty simple to...
13
13

Curing Oil Based Poly
Does it speed up the curing process by exposing to sunlight (UV radiation)? Will it hurt if I do this?
6
6

Best way to fill a snipe on a small box
After I got this small box I'm making as a gift glued up and proudly brought it up to show my wife, she said "Uh-oh, did you see this?" On one side is a gouge left from the planner. The material is...
8
8

Plane
Ok, this might sound simple to many of you guys, but it is really giving me some headaches to find out. What is the difference between Jack Plane and Bench Plane? I know jointer plane is for smoothing...
10
10

Source for Mjifang planes in Singapore
I'm in Singapore on business for a couple of weeks. Does anyone know where to buy Mujifang planes? I need the try plane with 60 degree iron angle. This is recommended to work Australian hardwoods,...
2
2

Disposing of refinishing products
Now that I'd refinished one of my cabinet doors, I'm wondering what to do with all the crap that will come off it when I remove the old varnish finish. See I'm using CitrusStrip to remove the varnish...
13
13

Phenolic Plywood sources?
I have seen the green "Colorfin" phenolic faced plywood at the local Woodcraft in Portland. I am impressed. I am also impressed at the price... it's basically thin green phenolic, probably epoxied...
7
7

OT Craft show question
Did a high end invitation only show this weekend. Great setting ( Governors Mansion and Capitol Building grounds) free food for all and special VIP breakfast for invited participants. Lots of fancy...
24
24

Prefinished plywood supplier in Houston area
I'm looking for prefinished plywood in Houston, specifically 1/2" Baltic birch prefinished on both sides and 3/4" plywood hard maple one side, birch on the other prefished on just the birch side; both...
1
1

Want Bigger Wood?
This is one of the few sites that offers great information and devices, for penis enlargement, that really work. You'll be excited when you see the end result. Well worth buying. I've been using it...
5
5

lost this group
My computer crashed and I signed on to various other groups , they were dead ,then just by accident I found this group again ,activity 24 7 absolutely great.....mjh
6
6

First Impressions of LeeValley Blind Man Digital Fractional Calipers.
OK, It seems that it is hard to be with out a decent caliper for measuring in the shop. In particular I like to use them for checking the thickness of the wood going through the planer. They are also...
19
19