Zanussi washing machine trips mains (FL 1082)

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction, I have a zanussi washing machine fl1082 , as soon as it goes to any spin cycle, before it even moves the drum it trips the RCD mains in my house :( The drum is freely moveable and all other functions seem ok . Where do I start looking , motor or pressure switch or elsewhere ???
Just wondering if this is maybe a common fault
Many Thanks Jim

Carbon brushes in the motor. Take the back and the top off the machine. Switch it on to spin cycle and watch the motor as it goes into the spin. If you see bright flashes near to the rear of the motor, then it is likely that you have a build up of carbon on the motor casing or the brush holders, which is shorting to earth slightly and causing the main RCD to trip out.
It may be worth having a look around inside "REMEMBER TO SWITCH THE POWER OFF", to see if anything is loose or broken as well.
--
http://www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com