Zanussi Dishwasher Door - Lost Fingers

Dear All,

Our dishwasher (integrated Zanussi ZDT6053) is a vicious beast. I can't locate the adjusters to loosen off the door springs. At the moment emptying it is like tackling the till in Open All Hours (showing my age here...).

It's fully integrated model and currently has no front on it as we're doing the kitchen at some point in the future, but I'm sure the weight of a front wouldn't be enough to stop it flying back up.

Can anyone advise where the adjuster is?

Thanks Dan

Reply to
Dan

The message from "Dan" contains these words:

I very much doubt there is one. I'd expect it to just have springs that hook onto each end at fixed points.

What you could do to slow it down a bit is take the door apart and install some ballast, though of course as it approaches vertical it'll only give it more momentum.

Reply to
Guy King

That's a shame, as my previous dishwasher (an indesit if memory serves) had a couple of screws in the door that could be turned to reduce or increase the tension in the springs.

Thanks Dan

Reply to
Dan

Or wedge in a small Hungarian delivery boy :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Nah...you are OK.It's been on just the other week or two .Maybe still is on .

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart

Look for a couple of allen-head bolts in the top rail of the dishwasher enclosure. Turn them anti-clockwise to slacken off the door spring.

HTH

--Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

I bet you it is.

I once had an integrated DW and the balance on the door used to pull it down open with a thump if you didn't lock it on the catch.

bUT As I only made enough dirty dishes to to fill it up once a week keeping the door closed meant that dishes went mouldy each week.

I made sure not to fit an integrated DW into the next house.

tim

Reply to
tim(yet another new home)