Worlds smallest wood screw?

Included in a John Lewis venetian blind.

Used to fix metal brackets to a wooden fascia strip. Had to use a PH0 watchmakers screwdriver!

Where would you get a screw that small?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

1/8 inch long, $145 per 100, in lots under 500

michael adams

michael adams

I've got a few, waiting for the necessary tuits for a repair project.

IIRC I extracted 4 of them from a broken poundshop LED headtorch.

for example.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Not sure about the above, as the link is refusing permission, but the 9 bulb Edwards ones, really are the dog's whatsits at 1 a throw.

I've found that ones that don't seem to work can sometimes be brought back to life simply by rotating the batteries. (I've found this with a number of things including digital scales.)

I had a reasonable headband from a more expensive and less powerful version bought earlier, and use the others as hand torches.

michael adams

michael adams

Sorry about that: I just copied the image address from the Properties data and didn't check it afterwards.

My search terms on google images was poundshop LED headtorch and it brought me to the Poundland site.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

No problem. I googled "Poundland" and "head torch" just out of curiosity afterwards, and got an Elektrek 7. A grey one with knobs on the side. And small screws in evidence.

ISTR I bought one of those, and the rotating knob stopped working after a time, no matter how much the batteries were twiddled.

The 9 bulb Edwards ones are now 4.48 on Amazon I'm pleased to say. So that the 10 I stocked up on, represent a saving of 34.80. They have a simple red button/switch but the headbands are rubbish.

michael adams

michael adams

And actually would it really be able to hold much at all if you did, from your description. I notice most pieces of equipment these daya that have tiny screws they are mostly threaded not self tapping.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well....you could buy a John Lewis venetian blind and nick the screws from that ;)

Reply to
GMM

In the bottom of a box somewhere, I have a plate die for cutting threads down to 20BA (0.48mm OD), although I've never had a BA tap finer than

16BA (0.79mm OD).

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Dunelm Mill are a lot cheaper.

Reply to
bert

I bought a replacement mini usb socket from PoundLand (it came with a free SD to usb card adapter attached). Since I had to warm up the soldering iron anyway to effect the repair on a USB SATA HDD docking station, I didn't see the need to open up the card reader and unsolder the socket as any great inconvenience. :-)

Reply to
Johny B Good