Worcester Bosch 28HE System Boiler

As the title suggests, I have a WB 28HE system boiler, which there is nothing wrong with. In fact it's very good.

My question is...is it normal for the cover to just cover the front and sides on this boiler? My boiler has just that and has the top and bottom exposed.

As I say, the boiler is very good and the cover doesn't impede it's performance. Just wondering if this is normal nowadays?

Reply to
RedOnRed

Having recently installed the non system version, I guess you mean why is the top bare metal and not painted? That's how it is I doubt this would be an issue in 1% of installatons.

The plastic trim for the underneath I couldn't make fit properly.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

On mine the bottom's bare and the top. Just thought it a bit odd really. I'd expect it to be fully covered to make it more aesthetically pleasing...or what ever.

Reply to
RedOnRed

I was rather disappointed to find there's no bottom on the Keston system kit, since one of the reasons I bought it was to hide the pipework coming out of the bottom of the boiler (which is fitted quite high up).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

If my boiler was in a conspicuous position i'd be a bit bothered about. Even so, the fact that it's tucked away in a vented cupboard shouldn't really mean that there's not better options to cover it.

Reply to
RedOnRed