Wiring under a bath

Hi

Am I right in thinking that if the bath has a side panel which requires a tool to remove it, the underside of the bath is outside the bathroom "zones"? In which case does this mean that I can legitimately route some wiring under the bath? I'm planning out the route* for a radial circuit for a cooker and the soil stack from the upstairs bathrooms runs down the (inside) kitchen wall and it is nicely boxed in. Therefore it presents the perfect place to drop the radial circuit back down the wall. However, to get to the top of the soil stack box I either have to run the cable under the bathroom floor, cutting through x many joists or I can simply run it under the bath.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated?

Regards

Ross

  • Spend the entire day lifting floor boards, why oh why do people make perfectly decent traps in floorboard then insist on nailing them shut again, have they never heard of screws? I lifted one trap and it was like the London Underground map, most of the ring and lighting circuits seem to pass through the same area along with the heating pipes. Most of the pipe work has been insulated however the wires are in close contact with it when they pass through the various notches and holes in the joists. I seem to remember reading elsewhere in this group that this can leach the PVC out of the cable sheathing, is this correct?
Reply to
r.galvin

Only if your earth bonding was not up to scratch.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Earth bonding hmm going on the rest of the house you'd be lucky. :-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

"> >> If you'd done it at my house you'd have fried in the bath due to the

Go on. It's a DIY group. Get it done, it is a piece of piss.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I did find some vestigates of it when I fitted the new bathroom suite but how do you bond to plastic pipework? ;-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark S.

That's not what I recall. I believe it is recommended to not bond taps fed from insulated pipework.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I've certainly seen wiring under the bath plenty of time (and have installed it there myself in the past) but IMHO it's still probably worth avoiding installing junction boxes under there.

David

Reply to
David