Wireless doorbells? Any "better" brands or frequencies?

Cool - what device is that Bob?

Reply to
Tim Watts

Asterisk box driving a USB relay, and a standard 12 volt door release. When I wired the house, I ran a multiway cable from the phone wiring centre (a Krone 301A) in the wall down to a box by the front door.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Sorry, that was describing the phone operated door release that I was asked about elsewhere....

I'm not sure yet, is the answer to you. Another USB interface, probably build this one myself, to detect the door push and tell Asterisk.

Reply to
Bob Eager