Carpet indents

We have just got rid of a table from the lounge, but the feet have left indentations in the carpet.

Is there an easy way to raise the pile again?

Reply to
pebe

Isn't there an old trick of using ice cubes? A rug is probably highly effective. :)

Reply to
mogga

Spray with a little water, brush vigorously, let dry out completely before repeating.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Suck the pile back upright using the vacuum cleaner crevice tool (narrow nossle), or even the raw end of the tube. Some vigorous rubbing with the end of the nossle/tube at the same time is likely to be required.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

dunno, can you get the opposite of anusol?

Reply to
Gazz

Time is a great healer

Reply to
Murmansk

What is the carpet made of? Different materials will react differently to heat, for instance.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Bill Wright wrote in news:k3fmfb$23t$6 @speranza.aioe.org:

I have the same problem but I have assumed that the underlay has compacted and the backing of the carpet has stretched into a permanant dent. I have tried the hoover trisk - it doesn't work for me. I feel sure that the backing has stretched.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

That can work surprisingly well. Drop the ice cube into the dent and leave to melt.

When dry (or close) vacuum.

Reply to
polygonum